“Great service”

Paulys Diner
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Dined here after reading TA reviews and on a recommendation from a friend. Had cheese burger, fish burger and two types of fried chicken plus the loaded fries and a fried Mac and cheese. Went for the blue cheese and hot sauce chicken...hoping for a lot of blue cheese flavour but it was actually more hot sauce...hotter than I anticipated...but we were very kindly offered a full refund which I declined( it clearly said hot sauce so it was my choice) but settled on a partial refund. This was awesome service. Food did arrive in a timely manner and we were able to eat in ( not many tables to do that). This is a place for those wanting the old fashioned style burger and chips.

1  Thank micsgirl

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Had the double cheese burger with bacon and potato fries. The burger looked fantastic, and the pickles were genuinely amazing. That said the fries were far too salty to get through, and the bacon was thick and tough while not being particularly flavourful. The patties were a little thin for my taste, but they were cooked really well and still had some pink in the middle.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

So delicious we went two days in a row just to try out more items off the menu. There was nothing we tried that we didn’t like. The fried chicken and the loaded fries were amazing! Great service and just so yum, will be back next time we are in Taupo.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Great burger! Chilli cheese single. Perfect balance and nicely matched with crunchy fries. Should have ordered a thick shake too

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

It sure was I good lunch stop , southern fried chicken burger and a thick shake, I thought it was a little pricey for what I got, but it was delicious. Burger and a shake, $19.