Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$63
US$62
US$63
eDreamsUS$62
CheapTicketsUS$63
FindHotelUS$64
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2020

Nice little place to stay, good rooms, great bar and restaurant.
Friendly staff. Car park is a little small when they are full. but plenty of parking on the roads around the area.
3rd stay will stay again.

Room tip: Get the ones with a view of the lake. great to wake up to.
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 21 June 2020 via mobile

What a joke this place is . Payed $170.00 for a uncomfortable nights sleep .
The room was musky and smelled, the bed was apparently brand new but yet so uncomfortable, the fan in the bathroom sounded like it was gona explode when u turned the light on . The noise from upstairs was unbearable , keeped us awake till 1am . we asked for some wat of a refund and got the you should of told us last night story . DONT STAY AT THIS MOTEL ! We visit motels regularly and this is the first time ive ever written a bad review . DO NOT STAY HERE ,avoid at all costs. We traveled all thru south east asia and never had a bad experience like this . COME ON NZ , why are ripping our own people off ! !

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2020

After 8 weeks of lockdown we decided to head away for a nights break. We thought we elf stay somewhere different. The photos of the family room looked great on the website. However we were totally underwhelmed with our whole experience. We paid $170 for a cramped room that was out dated and not functional at all. We couldn’t even get our suitcase into the room past the bed. The throw pillow had a dirty stain on it. Possibly body fluids. The shower nozzle could not be straightened so you had to lean on the wall to get any water. The bed was so uncomfortable that I moved to the spare single bed that was like a hammock. Dreadful sleep. Lights on all night outside that made it near impossible to sleep through. The noise coming from the rooms above were so loud. Could hear all footsteps, their shower and toilet going. We were right by a pool outside which was so noisy. So all in all it was an awful way to spend a night away. Should have just stayed at home. We told the receptionist and she offered no compensation or any apology for that matter. Happy to take our money though. Disgraceful. You would think things would be better post lockdown. Especially in our own backyard!!!! We traveled for a month through Asia and we never once had bad service or bad beds!!!!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2020

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend of 22nd-23rd February, the booking made through Booking.com. We arrived early (11.15am) and asked if it was OK to leave the car there as we would be checking in at around 6.00pm (this was all OK-ed by the guy at reception). When we came back to the hotel (at around 4.15pm) we were told by the receptionist that she had tried to contact me as my debit card had been declined and that she was just about to cancel my booking and give the room to someone else, as she had tried to phone me but I hadn't answered. I asked her why my credit card (not debit card - I have never owned a debit card in my life) had been declined, and she tried to find a slip that showed that my card had been declined (there were 4 or 5 bits of paper with 'declined' printed on them on the desk. I gave her my credit card and asked her to try it, and, surprise, surprise, it went through straight away. The receptionist then suggested that I must have transferred some money into my account since getting her call (nonsense, I clear my balance every month and always have plenty of credit available). I told her that I would not have been happy if she had given my room away, but she said that the hotel was full and that they had people waiting for rooms.

I realise that from time to time hotels will get people not turning up, but I would at least expect staff to recognise when any 'error' is not on the customers part. An apology would have been nice, but apparently it was all my fault.

Good location, but if you can stay in the Acapulco up the road, it is definitely much better.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

Tiny, hot and stuffy room.
There was dust build up on the mugs and in the tea\coffee holder.
The place is so tacky and out of date, the washroom is minimal, and also dated.
Not particularly clean, and expensive for what you are getting (you can easily get a nicer self contained room in Taupo for less)
Worst of all, we called and specifically asked if there would be carparks as we had expensive dragster on trailer and needed 2 carparks, we received email saying this could be arranged at no extra cost but when we got there at 9:30pm and no staff were there, there were also no carparks!!
We would of booked elsewhere if they were more honest on parking.

Would not recommend.