“Friendly, Serving Good Food and Drink”

Waterside Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #30 of 161 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving, Lunch and Dinner you'll soon discover Waterside's reputation for great casual dining and fantastic meals to meet everybody's needs.Take in the stunning views of the lake and mountains while you enjoy being looked after by our friendly staff, try one of our creative cocktails or speciality coffees. Fantastic outdoor dining in summer, and a fireplace to keep you warm in the winter.Enjoy!!
Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

Waterside is in a line of bars and restaurants but it is a grade above most of its neighbours.
We were greeted by a friendly girl and offered an inside or outside table. We opted for an inside window table with views over the Lake.
There is an excellent menu which suits all tastes and prices are very reasonable. We all enjoyed what we choose, I loved the rack of lamb served with its own vegetables.
There is a short wine list offering, beer, spirits and wine.
What made our visit so nice was the cheerful, friendly waitress.

Reviewed 12 January 2019

Ordered the seafood platter. Was disappointed as it seemed to have more bread than seafood and what seafood there was, was the bare minimum - two very small oysters hardly worth putting on the plate, 2 small skewers of prawn and scallop, cold mussels and some deep fried fish pieces. Certainly not worth the money paid.

Reviewed 10 January 2019

I always call in when I am in Taupo.Its not the flashest establishment but I have always had very good meals.And where else in Taupo can you get $6 beers.Great view of the lake and the traffic.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had meal at Waterside and came away disappointed.We shared a pate which quite nice .However the mains fish for my wife and chicken for me were bland.Well cooked but lacking flavor.The staff friendly and helpful and the atmosphere excellent.

Reviewed 7 January 2019

We always visit for the most popular Freak-shakes! it is absolutely a must have when you're visiting Taupo.

Date of visit: December 2018