“Cheep beers”

Ranked #30 of 162 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving, Lunch and Dinner you'll soon discover Waterside's reputation for great casual dining and fantastic meals to meet everybody's needs.Take in the stunning views of the lake and mountains while you enjoy being looked after by our friendly staff, try one of our creative cocktails or speciality coffees. Fantastic outdoor dining in summer, and a fireplace to keep you warm in the winter.Enjoy!!
Reviewed 10 January 2019

I always call in when I am in Taupo.Its not the flashest establishment but I have always had very good meals.And where else in Taupo can you get $6 beers.Great view of the lake and the traffic.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had meal at Waterside and came away disappointed.We shared a pate which quite nice .However the mains fish for my wife and chicken for me were bland.Well cooked but lacking flavor.The staff friendly and helpful and the atmosphere excellent.

Reviewed 7 January 2019

We always visit for the most popular Freak-shakes! it is absolutely a must have when you're visiting Taupo.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

We had 6 adults and 2 young children and after all the recent reviews we were afraid we had made a wrong choice for a special birthday.
Well we need not worry, the meals were well presented and by the empty plates everyone was satisfied. Service was good and we did not wait long at all. Children’s options were very adequate.
The location, with a view over the Lake is brilliant.
My only other comment would be that some of the staff were hesitant and looked like they needed someone to take control and give them some training.

1  Thank Philandducks
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

Definitely on the slow side service wise, despite the restaurant not being overly busy or frantic. However.... I would have eaten my meal all over again it was so good (crispy skin salmon). Not a hugely diverse kids menu but it ticked the basics much like Cobb & Co.