“My favourite Thai place in Taupo!”

Lotus Thai Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 134 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Best of the best Thai Restaurant in Taupo. Come and enjoy a unique dining experience in friendly environment. The Lotus Thai offers Taupi residents and visitors true Thai experience. The extensive menu is prepare by Thai chefs and served by welcoming staff in traditional Thai costume. The dinning experience is enhanced by the soft Thai decor both in the tables and around the room.
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Great staff and awesome food.

My partner and I always come here when we want some thai food... specifically Pad Thai! We have brought friends and family and they have also enjoyed the food. The place is always spotless and very clean.

The staff always welcomes us with a big smile and every time we leave we feel like coming back soon. We appreciate the service which exceeds expectations!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (429)

Reviewed 26 July 2016

A lovely meal with great service and a great atmosphere. The food was simply delicious and In would love to return. The service was attentive and friendly. Highly recommended! Really good price too.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The food here was delicious and the overall feel of the food and the experience was much like you would get in Thailand. ...and the endless rice was perfect for everyone! Recommended!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My partner and I ordered takeout from here whilst on a little holiday in Taupo. Being a fussy eater, the main dishes didn't appeal to me so we ordered 4 entrees between us.
We had to walk a way to get them, so they weren't piping hot when we got around to eating them, but I imagine they were when we picked them up.
Staff at the restaurant was lovely, we're quite young and often get treated badly at restaurants but the people here were so nice and welcoming.
Food was so good, it puts up definite competition with my usual Thai takeout back home.
Only issues were that there wasn't enough varied option on the takeout menu, and that we didn't order more food!!
Would definitely visit them again, thanks heaps guys.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is the best Thai food I have had in NZ. I couldn't fault the place. Atmosphere, food, pricing and service were all spot on.

Date of visit: June 2016