Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$80
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Agoda.com
US$65
PricelineUS$76
Hotels.comUS$78
TravelocityUS$78
All reviews spa bath sky tv heat pump wonderful stay good size spacious rooms two night stay studio room town centre kitchenette motel accommodation units lake niggle facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Really decent motel accommodation. Rooms are really spacious and tasteful. Guy at reception was really friendly. Room had a Spa Bath, Sky TV and a decent Kitchenette. There was also a small outdoor patio which is quite private.

A few small gripes.

The Bed was dreadful. So uncomfortable. This might be a matter of opinion, but there are a few proceeding reviews which also mention this.

The water pressure is poor. Takes 25mins to fill the Spa Bath. Shower is also pretty poor.

There are car parks outside the units, but the allocated one to your unit, may not necessarily be the one directly outside of it. Mine was tucked around the corner, where the car park directly outside my unit was occupied by a family who made a heck of a lot of noise loading their car and kids from 5am-5.30am. Not ideal at all. Also note the car park area is pretty tight.

All in all a decent stay here at Ascot Taupo. Got a really really decent last minute price, which meant the little niggles were not that dramatic. Certainly if the price was higher, I would take it all into consideration.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2021

A good stay with all amenities being well appointed. Although it has off-road parking, tight parking for bigger vehicles is not for the faint hearted. It is within easy walking distance to the main shops.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TwoTravellers34
Reviewed 8 February 2021 via mobile

As my husband and I have mobility and pain issues, I booked their accessible unit on line. Upon arrival at 7:30 pm we found that we had been upgraded to an upstairs unit with a shower over a spa bath. As all other units were taken, wehad no choice but to struggle up the stairs and struggle to shower the next morning. The unit itself was very nice, a good size and had good facilities. My advice is, that if you need and book the accessible unit, follow up with a phone call to check that you do indeed have it.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2021

The hotel was perfectly adequate for our two-night stay. The kitchenette was well laid out with everything we needed available. The spa bath worked well and was enjoyable to soak in. The shower was warm and powerful enough to wash my hair in. The thing I didn't love was the bed - it was quite small and too soft for me - I prefer a firm bed that supports me without bending. The TV had a good selection of channels but was quite small.

Overall, it was a good hotel for its price. It was very clean and the owner was very friendly and professional.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 16 January 2021

We only spent one night in Taupo on this trip, and stayed again at the Ascot Motor Innn, where we have always been very comfortable. This stay was up to our expectations. We had a studio room on the upper level, with views down to the lake. There is a small shopping centre opposite the motel and both the lake and the town centre are in easy walking distance. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, with everything we needed to self-cater.

Date of stay: January 2021