Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$132
Hotels.comUS$134
PricelineUS$132
CheapTicketsUS$134
eDreamsUS$132
TravelocityUS$134
All reviews lake taupo short walk into town good size first floor overlooking the lake comfortable rooms good nights sleep great spot the kitchen the ground floor bedroom playground motel accommodation bistro cleaners microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

My main disappointment with my room was that there were absolutely no toiletries. I did not complain or ask for any as there was no spot where they obviously would have been. Fortunately I by chance had some with me.

The sliding door to the wee deck looking out to the lake was locked. There were no instructions on how to open it. A coffee out there watching the sun rise would have been lovely.

Not only were there no toiletries but I was phoned by someone from the hotel accusing me of having taken them with me. I assured them that I had not as there weren’t any there to start with. I was told they would check it out and come back to me. I’m still waiting for the apology.

Shame because I would have gone back again and recommended them but I cannot recommend a place that contacts their guests with random accusations over disposable toiletries that I would have paid for in my not so cheap accommodation.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Chloe VanderSlik, Guest Services / Front Office at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2021

We are sorry to find out via email and this review that there were no toiletries in your room.  This is unusual and if we had known we would have delivered toiletries to your room immediately.  We appreciate this must have been an inconvenience for you.  Our reception team followed our process by contacting the guest when these products are not in the room on departure (which are part of our sustainability initiative, where these bottles are refilled after each departure).  Some guests take these refillable bottles unknowingly thinking they are complimentary.  In your situation our receptionist checked with you and listened to your explanation and there has been no charge against your reservation.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

Friendly staff on check in; we had a trainee who was under the supervision of someone else, but he was friendly and courteous. The room was clean, with some basic cups and glasses, but not much in the way of other facilities. The outside area was nice with comfortable seaing to watch people moving around as it was a public holiday and quite busy. Noisy neighbours with a young child spoilt this trip for us as they did very little to consider all of the other guests staying at the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we will pass your comments on to the staff members involved. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the outdoor seating with your room and also apologise for your noisy neighbor.
We do hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards, Chloe

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Owner deducted extra money from my account after checkout making false statements, I don't recommend this place, you will end-up paying more than they say upfront, avoid this place so you don't get a bad experience.

Room tip: Please avoid this place
Date of stay: December 2020
Chloe VanderSlik, Guest Services / Front Office at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Good afternoon Gursharan,
This is standard procedure when items are missing from rooms on departure.
We have emailed you.
Kind regards, Chloe

Reviewed 19 December 2020

Room was very nice and was very comfortable. Was great having a seating space outside the room with a grass view and comfortable chair.
Room and bathroom were very clean.
Had breakfast at the hotel one morning. Took a very long time to be served and wasn’t worth waiting for the next day.
Service in the bar and reception was good.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank EggGirl
Chloe VanderSlik, Guest Services / Front Office at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to place a review with us, we are pleased to know you enjoyed your room and were comfortable.
All feedback is important to us, it helps us improve what we have to offer.
Kind regards,
Chloe

Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Arrived on Saturday with a group of friends and was met by a rude indian woman on reception. Soured my day. Had I had not prepaid 1k I would have taken my business elsewhere. Lots of others options to stay in Taupo. Recommend you stay somewhere else. Never staying here again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lotoguns
Chloe VanderSlik, Guest Services / Front Office at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Good afternoon,
We do apologise that you felt this way. This is one of our receptionist who we value very much. She may have been caught slightly off guard when you arrived for check in at 9.30am whilst we were processing our check outs from the previous night. To my knowledge you were all checked in and into your rooms ready to relax for the day/night with no delay.
Kind regards,