All reviews hole golf course pavilion restaurant squash court tennis courts hot pools buffet breakfast craters of the moon across the road bit dated huka falls twin room an update great place to stay the ground floor great facilities short drive new zealand
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here. The first time was both our children which was fantastic. This time was a 3 night honeymoon getaway. We had booked a king studio but got upgraded to a family villa which was perfect for us is it gave us room to spread out and was quiet and secluded. We got the breakfast and dinner package and absolutely loved it. That included smorgasbord a breakfast every morning, a roast smorgasbord one evening and a la carte dinners the other two evenings which consisted of a main and entree or a main and dessert. We also made use of the onsite Day Spa, ritual facial for me and hot stone massage for hubby comma absolute Bliss. Would definitely stay here again service was fantastic.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Maggie B,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and thank you for coming back to Wairakei Resort Taupo
We are that you had a fantastic experience as a family and that your stay on your honeymoon was a similar success.
Thank you very much for this feedback, I hope we can add a few more great stays to your Wairakei experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed another great stay. Staff friendly and helpful. We always seem to get s good room. Food great and restaurant staff very courteous and friendly.
Check out was a bit of a problem as trainee staff didn't understand we were on a celebration package and we couldn't book package club member
Had nice spa pool
Property is getting a bit dated but you get what you pay for and I see this property as value for money

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Steve W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Wairakei Resort Taupo on TripAdvisor.
It's great to see that you were very happy with staff, service and facilities. I understand, another colleague could assist on departure to make sure you were able to get your member benefits?
I can also confirm that some refurbishment plans are already under way. Maybe during your next stay already you will be able to see some improvements.
We are looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

One night stay as part of a girls work do, all expenses paid so bear in mind all comments are made in ignorance of price. Lovely service, most everything you could want right at hand. I was glad of the desk space available, and the balcony. Although smoking was allowed on the balcony no ashtray was provided. There were only a handful of TV channels available. However, with the popularity of Netflix and Lightbox that could be forgiven, if there was more free WiFi available.
But why would you want to watch TV in your room when you could be at the gym, playing tennis or squash, soaking in the pool or spa, walking in the grounds which are geothermal? There was a great atmosphere at the bar in the evening. But at night it got quite cold and there was no extra blanket in the room.
In the morning I had buffet breakfast at the restaurant. The food was pretty good for buffet, a large selection including pastries and coffee, cereals and milk or yoghurt, toast and spreads, various styles of egg, streaky bacon, breakfast sausages, and on and on.
Overall a very relaxing stay, I'd love to go back for a week and try everything on offer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear KErrybS3627QK,
We are thrilled that your Wairakei experience was so outstanding.I have shared your feedback with the whole team and we are looking forward to welcome you back for your next stay.

Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on way back from Napier.
Love the heated pools, perfect after running a 10km run in Napier.

The only issue would be just having more milk in the fridge please. I love my morning coffee.

Lovely rooms, great shower pressure.
The beds are a little lumpy but still slept well as it’s such a quiet place to relax.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Becksshan,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Wairakei Resort Taupo and taking time to give us this favourable feedback. I have shared your comments to all of our staff, and they are thrilled to know that you enjoyed everything so much. With relation to your comment regarding milk we have taken this comment on-board. Regarding the bed I have passed your comment to our housekeeping manager for review. We look forward to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Vijay K Prabhu
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2018

This was a fabulous place for our business meeting. The meeting room was spacious and light, and the morning teas etc were on time and well catered for. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable.

The food was outstanding, with a wonderful selection of high quality for all meals. The most impressive part was their ability to cater for several people with very specific dietary requirements. The staff got to know who these people were, and would bring out special food for them. For each meal, they would find the people, who they knew by name, and would then bring out the particular food they needed. My only suggestion to improve the food experience would be to offer fresh fruit as an alternative to the sweet option at lunch; we opted to eat the few fruit that were on the sweet for garnish.

The other facilities, particularly the heated pools, gave an opportunity for post-meeting socialising, and this was really enjoyed by the participants.

We chose Taupo as a an excellent location for our business meeting, as most attendees could drive there in a morning (Hamilton, Auckland, Tauranga and Napier), we could meet in the afternoon and following morning, and return home on the afternoon of the second day.

Because I had to travel from further away, I flew in early for an extra night, and was able to use the outdoor heated lap pool and the gym. The lap pool was beautifully clean and in a fabulous setting, amongst the trees with birds chirping. The gym was also well appointed. The spa pools also had lovely settings.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. We held a previous meeting in a different hotel in Taupo but this one wins hands down.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear CJS_Traveller,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Wairakei Resort Taupo.

Kind Regards,