US$129
US$122
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$125
  • Pool
US$99
US$97
Alpine Lake Motor Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$68
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Sails On The Lake(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$109
Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$93
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Accent on Taupo Motor Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
Priceline
All reviewshole golf coursepavilion restaurantsquash courttennis courtshot poolscraters of the moonbuffet breakfastking roomacross the roadbit datedhuka fallsan updategreat place to staythe ground floorplenty of parkinggreat facilitiesshort drive
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on way back from Napier.
Love the heated pools, perfect after running a 10km run in Napier.

The only issue would be just having more milk in the fridge please. I love my morning coffee.

Lovely rooms, great shower pressure.
The beds are a little lumpy but still slept well as it’s such a quiet place to relax.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Becksshan,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Wairakei Resort Taupo and taking time to give us this favourable feedback. I have shared your comments to all of our staff, and they are thrilled to know that you enjoyed everything so much. With relation to your comment regarding milk we have taken this comment on-board. Regarding the bed I have passed your comment to our housekeeping manager for review. We look forward to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2018

This was a fabulous place for our business meeting. The meeting room was spacious and light, and the morning teas etc were on time and well catered for. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable.

The food was outstanding, with a wonderful selection of high quality for all meals. The most impressive part was their ability to cater for several people with very specific dietary requirements. The staff got to know who these people were, and would bring out special food for them. For each meal, they would find the people, who they knew by name, and would then bring out the particular food they needed. My only suggestion to improve the food experience would be to offer fresh fruit as an alternative to the sweet option at lunch; we opted to eat the few fruit that were on the sweet for garnish.

The other facilities, particularly the heated pools, gave an opportunity for post-meeting socialising, and this was really enjoyed by the participants.

We chose Taupo as a an excellent location for our business meeting, as most attendees could drive there in a morning (Hamilton, Auckland, Tauranga and Napier), we could meet in the afternoon and following morning, and return home on the afternoon of the second day.

Because I had to travel from further away, I flew in early for an extra night, and was able to use the outdoor heated lap pool and the gym. The lap pool was beautifully clean and in a fabulous setting, amongst the trees with birds chirping. The gym was also well appointed. The spa pools also had lovely settings.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. We held a previous meeting in a different hotel in Taupo but this one wins hands down.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear CJS_Traveller,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Wairakei Resort Taupo.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had a great stay at Waikarei Resort. I love the place so cosy and quiet. Just as wished for. They have a sumptuous buffet. There I tasted my first ever Pavlova. Everything is peaceful. I love the trees surrounding the villa. All in all my experience in this resort is perfect.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Bohemian_Soul,
Thank you very much for taking the time to publish your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled that you had such a lovely time at the Resort.
I hope we can welcome you back soon at Wairakei Resort Taupo.

Regards
Felix Witte
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Regretably, time and weather prevented us playing golf on what looked like a super course. Hotel was great, really good sized rooms and chilled friendly atmosphere. We only had one night there but I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: We had an internal facing room but there is loads of space and the gardens are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Felix_Witte, Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear 56stuart,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Wairakei Resort Taupo and taking time to give us your feedback. It is a very for us to know that you enjoyed everything so much on your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again at Wairakei Resort.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Greeted by friendly reception staff and the 3 rooms I had reserved were as requested, ground floor adjacent to the hot pool. With cafe and restaurant on site, we didn't need to leave the resort, other than for a fishing trip on the Lake - and the trout were aplenty !! The rooms were clean and tidy, the restaurant busy but offered a buffet or a la carte menu. We have been here 2 or 3 times and will return again.

Room Tip: If you are keen on a dip in the thermal pools, request a ground floor room closest to the pool - great getting in, but cold getting out !!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Felix_Witte, Front Office Manager at Wairakei Resort Taupo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear PKLJP,
Thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to review Wairakei Resort Taupo.
It's great to read such positive feedback about your stay, staff and facilitates!
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Regards