“Platter and pale ale”

Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

Tasty sharing platter with nice selection of craft beer. Live music nearby so all in all a relaxing summer hangout.

Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

Firstly, fish and chips without any condiments. Need I say more?
Yes, I must.
The ‘lovely’ waitress behind the bar on the night of the 9/1/18 was particularly friendly, in fact she perhaps gave us customer service to almost the minimal acceptable standard. “Whata ya want”, “What table?” Even though you’re the customer, according to her the beverage you asked for is in fact not what you’re getting because somehow even though you spoke aloud the beer you wanted and pointed to the tap of beer you wanted, still not what she’s pouring.
And as a side note the GFO soft tacos, what us Glutards refer to as Gluten Free Option, is in fact just a bag of $3 countdown coleslaw with some meat on top. And only one option of meat, not the two described on the menu. Aaaannnd there’s no GF taco. Just coleslaw. And meat. Or refried beans. But it’s still $22.50. I’d like to thank the brave male waiter who warned me soft tacos were in fact just the taco stuffing without the tacos, a mound of coleslaw and meat. I accept your apology.

As mentioned before the wait staff weren’t in any rush to take your meal order or ask if you’d like another when taking empties.

Although this is a fairly negative review it can all be resolved with more attentive and friendly bar staff, a menu that if stated ‘GF, DF, VEG’ provides those options without disappointment (if we wanted a salad we’d order a salad), and offer sauce. Always offer sauce.

1  Thank leas0504
Reviewed 5 January 2019

Great food, coffee. Friendly enthusiastic staff at breakfast this morning.
Very happy with the experience.

Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

Not sure where to start - we ordered Lake house burgers, a pulled pork burger and a share platter - fries were cold and the burgers were totally awful - we only stayed because everyone was hungry after a big day out but the stomach aches after and the fatty tasteless food meant we all regretted that decision.
Just don’t eat here - ever!

1  Thank MaureenV277
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I was just having a few drinks with my mates, bite to eat as well, chips were cold by the way. My friend said to her to keep going as she could tell she was tired and was merely giving her encouragement and she gave her a disgusting filthy look which turned into an altercation. I was mortified by the way my friend was spoken to she told the manager prena to go away many times to the point where it turned aggressive. Awful service from the manager in question I’m appalled.