All reviews chalet d'amour acacia bay lake taupo bay bar new zealand double shower luxury cottage superb property gorgeous home queen suite gas fire dressing area dressing room each evening heated towel rack romantic weekend delightful place to stay
Reviewed 29 October 2018

POSITIVE

When we first arrived the host Daniel was there to greet us as planned. He is super friendly and very informative of what was available to us. We were able to park our car right outside the door of our unit and the view from there was awesome, day and night. It's only a short drive into Taupo and anything else you wish to experience, see, do etc. The bed was large and comfy and felt very luxurious. It was good to have the heater that was instant in warming up the room. Having a kitchenette is always a plus, as was the large bathroom with two shower heads in the one place. There was a spa but we didn't use so cannot comment. The breakfast room was warm and cosy and Daniel cooked it on the spot when we arrived - time was very flexible on when we came over to eat it. Daniel offered help with bookings for dinner if we wanted it and when asked for something, he obliged without question, and a friendly smile.

NEGATIVE

I really didn't want to have to put a negative comment up but someone told me I should so that this could be improved for future travellers. I thought for the price that the breakfast choices were limited and small, and even though we were offered a cooked one as well, it was a shame that I had to ask for 2 pieces of toast instead of 1 when I had declined everything on offer except the eggs. And for the price I think a fancy toast would be better than standard brown toast. The bathroom was very dark, even with the lights on - we opened the blinds to let some natural light in but unfortunately this meant anyone walking past could see us on the toilet or in the bath. Mood lighting should be left for the bedroom, not the bathroom. The worst thing that we experienced was the housekeeping - I had asked if it was daily and once told yes, I put all our towels and flannels etc on the floor before we left the first morning. When we returned, I noticed that one of the towels had a small stain on it so I touched it and then realised that all the towels were wet (on the heated towel rail). Every single towel and flannel had been taken off the floor and folded very neatly on the heated towel rack. Never in all of our travels has this happened before - not in the cheapest and definitely not in the most expensive accommodation. I was stunned and a bit disgusted to the say the least. Daniel replaced them without question when I approached him but it should never have happened in the first place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Stayed two nights at this beautiful property. Great location, stunning views and quiet surroundings. Nothing was too much for host Daniel. Great dinner spot recommendations and he cooks a great brekky! Best of all he cooks brekky at a time to suit guests. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent all round.
Great, spacious accommodation with magnificent views.
Lovely area to sit inside and out.
Breakfast good.
Very genial host, Daniel.
Good location for visiting the lake and surrounding attractions.
Can wholeheartedly recommend.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Tauhara Sunrise Lodge, fabulous setting overlooking the Lake. Our host was great and exremely helpful with local knowledge. Lovely touches added to our stay, with wine and nibbles included. Also went out on a evening sail boat at his recommendations, where he even dropped us at the Marina so could stsy in town for meal and a drink on our return.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

What a beautiful house with lovely views and a very spacious and comfortable en-suite room. Daniel made us feel very welcome and relaxed with complimentary afternoon bites and wine and the breakfasts were lovely! Thank you

Date of stay: March 2018