“Lunch”

Victoria's Cafe Kitchen Bar
Ranked #2 of 45 Quick Bites in Taupo
Cuisines: Bar, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Victoria's is THE place to eat in Taupo. We refurbished 2014 and our new look is comfortable, warm, modern and classy with a great outside dining area. We are a bustling café serving innovative food in friendly atmosphere. We are the place to meet for both individuals and large groups for delicious speciality coffee and an amazing gastrocafe/pub dining experience. Our fabulous breakfasts and scrumptious lunches are prepared by our passionate in-house chefs and served by our friendly, knowledgeable team. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 25 September 2021 via mobile

I had lunch with a friend on the weekend (level 2). I had the stuffed kumara and the raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. They were both super tasty and I would definitely have them again. Washed it down with a banana smoothie.

Date of visit: September 2021

Reviewed 16 September 2021

We had the pleasure of lunching here twice, as after the first time, just had to return. There is plenty of beautifully presented and delicious choice in their cabinets and the best coffee in town. Great atmosphere and very friendly service.

Thanks team.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021

My wife and I always enjoy brunching at Victoria's when in Taupo. The food is good as is the efficient and friendly service. Always a nice atmosphere which completes the package.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 18 July 2021

I came to Victoria's for breakfast for my birthday with my parents.

I ordered the Perfect Pancakes. Unfortunately the berries were still semi-frozen. This was a simple oversight by the chef and easily fixable and did not need to be an issue.

We were disappointed with how the situation was dealt with. We placed the semi-frozen berries on a saucer and my Mum took them to the counter to be defrosted. When presented with the saucer the female staff member at the counter rudely snapped 'Well I don't want them". This was an unprofessional and unnecessary remark. She had to be prompted to take the saucer and defrost the berries in the microwave.

Another staff member behind the counter attempted to make up for this staff member's rudeness by engaging my mother in conversation. The male staff member who took our order at the till was pleasant and very efficient. So unfortunately Victoria's was only let down by this one staff member.

The frozen-berries aside, the pancakes were beautiful. I just hope that management realises no matter how nice the food may be, poor customer service will always leave a bad taste.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

We chose a small breakfast, sausage rosti and egg. It was delicious!
We’d asked for our coffee to be extra hot and it was.
We try and visit Victoria’s when we’re in Taupo and we were not disappointed today.

Date of visit: June 2021