All reviews chef chris frank lloyd wright new zealand lake taupo manicured gardens other guests each morning dinner reservations our honeymoon every evening warm hospitality pre dinner drinks beautiful property two nights local knowledge guest rooms a wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2020

I stayed here with the wife just after we went to level 2 lockdown, It is such a beautiful place to stay at. The lodge has great facilities, a spectacular view of the lake, amazing gardens and the food by Chef Chris was absolutely amazing. Hosts Gary and Sherlie were very welcoming. I must add that the bed was super comfortable which is a major plus for me (Nothing beats a great bed). Would recommend to all.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 18 September 2020

We stayed at Lake Taupo Lodge for a couple of nights in Aug 2020. It was a wonderful experience and can recommend to anyone who wants to have an amazing experience to book here. Gary is an amazing host and looked after us so well. He kindly booked and dropped us off to the local restaurants, which he recommended. Both were great. I would highly recommend staying here and hopefully we will get back here as well.

Date of stay: August 2020
Management response:Responded 13 November 2020

Peter and Sue, thank you for your lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure to have met you both. I look forward to seeing you here again someday. Cheers, Gary

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

In the middle of winter in Taupo, a golf trip not for the faint hearted. Taupo Lodge was a delightful sanctuary, warm and welcoming in a stunning setting with amazing views and the mountain did lift her skirts to show off.
What was even more stunning was the hospitality afforded by Gary. A beautiful glass of wine as soon as we settled into our more than comfortable room. He even washed the ice off the car windows in the morning, and in the evening drove us to town when we went out for dinner.
Food was outstanding, wine beautiful and plentiful, Gary was interesting to talk to and interested in sharing the background of the Lodge and the area. Quite a character.
Couldn’t have enjoyed the stay more.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 November 2020

We were so pleased to have you and Rod stay with us Gae. I look forward to the day we can enjoy another glass of wine in good company. Thank you for you kind words. Cheers, Gary

Reviewed 21 August 2020

My husband and I plus our adult daughter stayed here in July. This place is an absolute gem and I can't believe we have not stayed here before now. It is only a few minutes drive out of Taupo township, nestled into the hill overlooking the lake. There are stunning views from the lodge which is also surrounded by lovely gardens. Very restful and peaceful. The lodge had a warm and welcoming atmosphere and it's obvious the owner, Gary, loves looking after his guests. He even drove my daughter and I into town when we got stuck without a car. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious, probably the best we have had in a long time. The chef also serves very tasty canape's and wine before dinner and if it's winter you can enjoy that by a cosy log fire. Looking forward to when we can stay here again!!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Management response:Responded 13 November 2020

Thank you for your kind review Lawntech Team. We are looking forward to hosting your family here again sometime. Cheers, Gary

Reviewed 28 July 2020

My wife and I stayed at Lake Taupo Lodge for a few nights during our honeymoon in December 2019. Gary and the rest of the staff were extremely welcoming, and our room and the rest of the lodge were clean and absolutely beautiful. The food prepared by Chris was also delicious. I enjoyed talking with Gary about all things fishing and I will always have great memories of the lodge for that reason. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: December 2019
Management response:Responded 13 November 2020

Nearly celebrating one year of marriage! What a year it has been. I hope you are both well and happy. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Lake Taupo Lodge. I hope we can see you again one day. Cheers, Gary