All reviews coloured lights free wifi spa bath room was clean town centre sky tv heat pump one night stay within walking distance short walk the kitchen bedroom unit cold night would stay again two nights short stay lake taupo
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I admit I was a bit hesitant to book this as my memories of a motor inn style of accommodation were not favourable. This is a lovely motor inn where everything is pristine and so very comfortable. We had a little garden at the back of the unit. Shared, but no one else seemed bothered to use it. We had our own little table and sat out enjoying our fish and chips and bottle of red. As usual in NZ, the rooms are very large and have everything you need for a short stay or even a slightly longer one. We visited on a long weekend and it was very busy in town, but the lake is beautiful and there are so many restaurants and cafes you can visit. Highly recommended motor inn.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingrid C
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed with the room when we checked in. It was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was lovely. Really nice, big shower cubicle and excellent water pressure. It felt just like arriving at a very superior hotel, everything was so modern and well presented and the location is quiet as well as convenient.
I'm really sorry to have to add just one negative comment regarding our stay here, but feel I have to mention it. I felt disappointed on returning to our room after being out for the day to find that it had not been valeted that day. It may seem a trivial matter, but when you're on holiday, it makes it extra special when you find your bed made, bins emptied and toilet rolls replaced. It's sometimes just the little touches which make a place extra special. I would have had no hesitation in awarding a 5 star rating otherwise as the staff I met were all helpful and friendly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This hotel had a bad shower. It is situated well and has tea/coffee making facilities, childrens playground and off street parking. This hotel has no oven if you want to cook a meal. it is in a quiet location and the staff are helpful.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Good for an overnight stay.
Quiet and a little walk distance to the lake.
No fuss place. Free paper.
Option for a good breakfast if you are a big eater otherwise not.
Bookable spa room.
Beds firm but comfortable.
Good selection of cookware

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The rooms have been refurbished and are therefore in reasonable condition. The bathroom is enormous so you should have no complaints there. Unfortunately that means the kitchen area is a little small. The Lounge is great, although we moved the couch from under the window to in front of the TV making it easier to watch. The bedroom was very nice although if you have need for more than about ten hanging items you will be disappointed with the available hanging space.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple