All reviews thermal tub upstairs room the ground floor a great place to stay view of the lake huge bathroom rooms are spacious private balcony family room great room quiet location lake taupo swimming pool long drive comfy bed centre of town cooking facilities
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Baycrest has a lot of competition at Taupo but the establishment offers what it does without a sense of commitment to unseemly rivalry. The rooms are spacious and upstairs you get a great view of the lake and the mountains (in good weather). A warm welcome is assured. We did not use the spa but we did appreciate the balcony and the view instead. The pool did not look inviting in the rain and sadly the honour bar was not operating. The journey to town led us to some excellent restaurants.

Room Tip: 1st floor for lake views.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Well appointed Clean,comfortable room. Not really close to town but that means it's nice and quiet. I was a little disappointed in the hot tub area. It was a bit tired looking and not as clean as it could be, Also some sort of seating in the tub would make it more comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The room itself was clean and spacious and the location was good, however the private spa was most disappointing. I booked here specifically for the private spa, however I quickly learnt that it was my responsibility to fill it on each use. Which was ok, until I spent 2hr trying to fill it on the first night. The water dribbled out so slowly and it turned cold before it was even a 1/4 full. I tried a few times over the next couple of days, same result. It turned out to be a big waste of my time. After raising my issue with staff on the first night, they came and inspected but didn’t offer any solutions, so I left feeling quite unsatisfied. This was my only issue, however I felt it was significant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank sleepynelly
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We found the Baycrest to be very clean, very quiet, and a great place to stay with a group. The beds were very nice, and the kitchen worked well. Our rooms had hot tubes out the back door, which was very nice for one and all.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Really good size room,really good size bathroom,spotlessly clean,100 metres from the lake,super friendly hosts! but your very own thermal hot tub is what makes this hotel different! Great place loved it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple