Indian Delights Taupo - Lake View Indian Restaurant & Bar.
Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Delights Restaurant and Bar Welcome every customer for an Incredible Dine-in experience of Authentic Indian Cuisine. You’re guaranteed to take home a great memory of your time in Taupo. We are located on the 1st floor with a Million Dollar Lake view from the Restaurant, Where you will enjoy the views of Mount Ruapehu Tongariro National Park while Dining at Indian Delights Restaurant and Bar. From the moment you walk through the front door to the moment you leave, we at the Indian Delights Restaurant strive to ensure that you will only receive the best service, the best hospitality, the best Indian cuisine and the very best dining experiences. Your satisfaction is our guarantee. We are often told by Taupo Diners that we are their favourite restaurants in the Town and we are always pleased to see the same familiar faces return to our restaurant time and time again to enjoy an evening with us. We strive to provide a memorable dining experience with a tradition of high quality.
Reviewed 15 February 2022 via mobile

My word what beautiful food! Tandoori Mushrooms were amazing. I have had a thousand tandoori chickens in my life but this was the best! My wife had onion pakora/bhaji to start and butter chicken. The food was amazing. The staff were friendly and attentive and the view was beautiful. Go hungry tho coz I walked out pretty full! Delicious. Highly recommend it

Date of visit: February 2022

Reviewed 31 January 2022

I ordered 2 butter chicken ($18.9 each) and 2 plain bread ( $3.90 each) take away. The guy on the counter charged me $50. 16. After paying I realized I
I paid more. When my food was delivered I asked if they charged people more for takeaways. They guy said they charge people extra on public holiday ( It was not public in Tauopo only in Auckland). Also take box did not have any spoon/ Fork and napkins.

Date of visit: January 2022
Indiandelightstaupo, Owner at Indian Delights Taupo - Lake View Indian Restaurant & Bar., responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2022

Hi There,
Thank you for your feedback, Taupo region include in the Auckland anniversary holiday as per the NZ government holiday. so, therefore, we have to pay all staff time and a half and one alternative holiday. that's the reason we had a 10% surcharge on the Auckland anniversary. hope this clears your doubts and you didn't get charged extra. just for information, we have written at the counter and on the menu, 10 % surcharge applies on public holidays. sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 September 2021

The food was delicious and quick service , staff was very friendly and professional. will go next time.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

On behalf of Pukekohe Indian Association Women Group I would like to thank Rajwinder and her wonderful team mates of Indian Delight for a great evening. Very well arranged. Excellent food. We were 31 one of us but had great fun. The restaurant’s seating arrangements is place very spaciously… we had great fun In playing games. All senior members of the group too felt very very comfortable. The staff were very kind and understanding.

Thanks to all of you Rajwinder. Will visit again.

Kind regards,
Anindita

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 15 July 2021

Yesterday a group of 10 Taupo decided to have lunch to this place. We had 3 kids who usually don't eat Indian dishes and we bought them chips and chicken from a different business couple of blocks away. 6 adults who were already seated ordered drinks while waiting for the other adult who is with the kids getting them what they want from a nearby food shop. When he entered with the kids we were surprised that the manager refused entry as their policy does not allow food from outside. He asked to leave the business and was offered to stay out in the street and wait for kids to finish their lunch before coming in. Indian Delights staff didn't want 3 kids under 8 with 2 Happy meal boxes and a snack box in their business. The way the whole situation was handled was unacceptable. I have been in NZ over a decade and never had bad an experience as this one. Apparently they didn't give a damn.

Date of visit: July 2021
4  Thank Sunny1252016

Travellers who viewed Indian Delights Taupo - Lake View Indian Restaurant & Bar. also viewed

Taupo, Taupo District

Been to Indian Delights Taupo - Lake View Indian Restaurant & Bar.? Share your experiences!