“Good value for money”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

Good food and friendly staff. I ordered a medium spice Rogan Josh which could have been a bit hotter but very good overall.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank NickyKura

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

I had the most AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS curry that I’ve ever eaten in New Zealand, which was the chicken and garlic Balti! I would highly highly recommend the Master of India if you love curry!

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

From the Uk, enjoy your hot Balti? This is the place to go. Chef can make a dish thats not on the menu, I recommend the lamb Balti, Indian hot if you love the heat.

It can get busy, recommend booking during peak dining hours.
Friendly staff and quick turnaround on meals.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Panner tikka masala is my favourite. I have tried from so many places but I can say without any doubt that this is the best one. I asked for medium to hot and that was perfect spicy for me. Really enjoyable with roti. I will definitely come back and recommend to anyone who loves real authentic food.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

We arrived in Taupo on Christmas Day and were not sure if there would be any restaurants open for dinner before spotting Master of India was open, so we decided to go in and we were so happy we did We were most impressed with their extensive menu, so it was difficult to choose. We settled on Chicken Madras and Chicken Korma with Naan bread to be begin with. We shared our meals and both were delicious. We also had a glass of red wine at $9 each which was quite reasonable. After a short wait, the service was excellent considering it was so busy. I loved the authenticity of the restaurant which is beautifully decorated. As it was a warm evening, it was very much appreciated that the room was kept cool with fans which makes such a big difference to the comfort of the diner. We would certainly visit again next time we travel to Taupo.

Date of visit: December 2020