“Very friendly, very authentic, a good value”
Review of Master of India

Master of India
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

We went to all the Indian places on this block to compare prices and food. The first place we went was “Malabar” around the corner, and they did not offer any dishes with chicken breast meat, and they falsely claimed that nobody else used breast meat either. Master Of India’s takeout menu said right on it that the Tikka Masala used breast meat, so we went there instead.

We made the correct choice. Master of India was both cheaper and better than the competitors on the same street corner. We have no complaints.

In terms of spiciness, they have a scale of 1-5. I chose a 3 for my Tikka Masala, and it still wasn’t very spicy compared to what I’m used to in Southern California. I would confuse their 3 to be mild. My wife got a 2 and it had almost no heat whatsoever. 3 was what. If you like medium spice, go with a 3 or 4. I have no idea how hot a 5 is.

I get the impression that people in NZ don’t like things spicy so keep that in mind wherever you go. We chose “medium spice” at a Thai place in Rotorua the other night and it had almost no heat at all.

1  Thank PulpJedi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

I was with my boyfriend. We tried Indian food the good quality. I will return!
Staff very friendly and attend

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

The staff were so nice and helpful. The restaurant had Indian authentic decor. I had the lamb korma and it was the best lamb ever. The naan and rice was awesome as well. The
best Indian in the world.

Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

The food here is very delicious, reasonably priced and best of all is the service. They car, are kind and helpful in providing information and frequently check on you. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

Visited whilst travelling from the UK. Honestly one of the best Indians I have had. We went back again a couple of nights later it was so good. Speedy and knowledgeable service. Catered amazingly for my partner who is vegan