“Unacceptably poor Service and left me and my family out of pocket!!!!!”
Review of Indian Affair

Indian Affair
Reserve a table
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #9 of 137 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Affair is Taupo’s finest Indian dining experience. They’re easily located on the corner of Ruapehu and Tuwharetoa Street’s right in the heart of Taupo’s bar and restaurant scene. Indian Affair’s menu combines a diverse mix of traditional and modern Indian cuisine combined with personable and efficient service. Indian Affair is not just any restaurant, their minimalist environment coupled with the vibrancy generated from our busy nature makes Indian Affair a great place to visit with friends and enjoy a wine or traditional Indian beer. Indian Affair’s modern, comfortable and relaxing atmosphere will suit anyone's needs.
Reviewed 29 July 2023

Furious at the delivery and poor service. Ordered on Uber.An hour later i called them they said the driver was leaving now. Half hour after that drove to restaurant, they didn't care about my issues as they were busy and didn't see me as a valued customer. "were busy so dont care about how many times you called and didn't even bother to acknowledge any of my complaint.I left furious, no customer care at all. No empathy, no offer to resolve,no offer to complete the order,nothing. Not even an offer for a refund,wasted petrol,lied to and then completed dismissed because they had a full restaurant. I am a regular reviewer and this is the first negative review Ive ever left.Disgusted and angry how I was treated

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 11 March 2023 via mobile

The prawn pakora entree was beautifully cooked, as was the korma. The chicken breast was so tender. Well presented and great service. Cocktails are good value too. Try the Mojito, so yum. Can't speak highly enough about the food we had here.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 26 January 2023 via mobile

Bloody brilliant food and super friendly staff. We had the butter chicken and beef madras - one of the best meals we found on our travels through New Zealand

Reviewed 13 January 2023 via mobile

We were wandering the streets of Taupo only a wee bit hungry and chanced upon a bright clean Indian restaurant with a solid NZ wine list.
The billboard suggested we indulge in excellence and indeed we did. Nicest Lamb Marsala I’ve ever had! And the service was unobtrusive and informative.
If we’re back in Taupo we’ll be back at Indian Affair.

Reviewed 9 January 2023

Not much wrong with the food but maybe not up to its normal excellent standard. The starters and rice were good but only warm, rather than hot, and the cheese Naan bread was a bit bland. We had eaten there recently one lunchtime and enjoyed the meal more. We had a vegetarian platter and a mixed platter and all had mains with yellow rice, we were expecting white rice. All had an assortment of breads/Naan. The restaurant was probably over full with too many covers for the staff to cope with. I think they should have actually said no to some of the casual diners who had not booked. I felt cramped and too close to the table next to us, and it was very hard to attract the staff’s attention to order more drinks or water. We had to go to the counter to ask for take out of our leftovers and were actually given our own foil and dishes to wrap the food up ourselves, that seemed very unusual. We also were surprised to have our mains arriving before our table had been cleared, so think that was definitely due to a shortage of serving staff. Having said that, my Butter chicken was very nice so well worth taking the leftovers home. Will give it a break before we visit again as we want to try out other Indian restaurants in the area, to compare price, service and food quality.