“Bad Bikes, Rude Manager”

Rapid Sensations Ltd
Ranked #25 of 34 things to do in Taupo
More attraction details
Owner description: Rapid Sensations Ltd is Taupo’s premier outdoor adventure company that has been operating throughout the Lake Taupo – Tongariro National Park region for over 22 years.Held in high regard for professional, safe delivery of quality experiences and outcomes, Rapid Sensations offers a comprehensive range of adventure activities and programs to the tourism, corporate, military and education sectors.
Reviewed 2 November 2015

TRIED to go on a mountain bike trail but couldn't even get moving. Bike was broken and no replacements available/offered. Chain kept coming off, gears would randomly change and shocks on the front were redundant.

Manager (Ian??) wouldn't give a refund and told me if I broke the bike in any way I would be paying for it. Luckily my credit card wasn't charged but I can't understand why it's the clients fault for Rapid Sensations decision to buy crappy $80 bikes.

I would not recommend 'Rapid Sensations' as all they want to do is take your money then hope something goes wrong so they can charge you more! That and the other bad reviews - I can completely understand why people are let down by this company and the rude manager.

I would recommend Huka Cycles Taupo - Better quality bikes and much nicer staff who seem more experienced.

Kerry L.
Perth, WA
Travelled NZ - May-September, 2014

1  Thank KezLongo

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We had done a quick tutorial around lake taupo..
It was heavily raining and the fun of Kayaking then doubled while kayaking across the Lake Taupo!

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I haven't done much kayaking but I thoroughly enjoyed our guided kayak trip on the Waikato River, near Lake Taupo. Going with the current made it much easier and we enjoyed a relaxing trip down the river - went past the bungee jumps, but unfortunately there were no jumpers while we were there. We stopped at the hot springs for a short swim and then a bit more kayaking to the pick up point.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

Had such a great day! There was just the the group of me and my 3 friends on a sea kayaking trip on lake Taupo, with our amazing guide, Rob! Was such a chilled day, a lot of fun, Rob really got involved in our group and was a really great guide! We kayaked out to some māori carvings, had a chill with some drinks and snacks before kayaking back to shore! Rob also showed us a waterfall after our trip as he knew we were only there for the day! Awesome times! Thanks guys!

1  Thank Morgan T
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2015

None of our group had had much experience with kayaks so we selected the river option that takes you from near the town, past the bungee jumps ( saw three!) . Travelling with the current makes it easy for beginners and we kept a comfortable pace. We stopped at a natural thermal pool for a quick dip and then back to a drop site and a shuttle to the parking lot. It was a great introduction and a great way to spend a few hours.

1  Thank LeslieSK