Review Highlights
A fun kayaking experience

I haven't done much kayaking but I thoroughly enjoyed our guided kayak trip on the Waikato River... read more

Reviewed 28 March 2015
SueRea
Melbourne, Australia
Great Introduction to Kayaking

None of our group had had much experience with kayaks so we selected the river option that takes... read more

Reviewed 22 January 2015

from US$153.20
from US$77.00
from US$69.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

Beautiful gentle kayak down the river, bathing at the hot springs was fantastic. Guide AJ let us go in peace and enjoy the serenity but was talkative if that is what you wanted.

Reviewed 26 November 2014

had a great kayak tour out to the Maori carvings. Rob was helpful and informative. Well worth the time and cost.

Reviewed 8 October 2014

We hired 5 bikes from Rapid Sensations the other day and the service was spot on. It's located right next to Craters of the Moon which made things easy for us and the girl at the disk was nice, chatty and even gave us some discount vouchers when we told her our plans for the rest of the day. The bikes were good quality and the nearby tracks are awesome.

Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

We did the two hours kayaking. Both Ian and Rob were our guide through out the whole journey. We did a quick 5 minutes lesson then head off to the river. My wife was on a canoe with my six year old daughter while I was with my three year daughter. It was a great experience and we had lot of fun. Both Rob and Ian weren't rushing us to finish the journey. The view was fantastic and the water was clear. My younger daughter was having fun with the water while I was kayaking. Rob patiently waited for us the whole time. We spent about 20 minutes at the hot pool area. Both my daughters loved it. Strongly recommended and great for family activities.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My son and I hired two hard tail mtbs to ride into the Craters mtb park. The hire was open only for three hours in the middle of the day. When we arrived there were only two bikes left. Both proved to have significant gear issues. Try as I might with the cable barrel adjusters the gears kept leaping about. After a while I noticed mine had a big bend in the middle chain ring. I suspect my son's bike had similar. The lady running the hire didn't know much about bikes and didn't really want the feedback I was giving her (so that the next hirers didn't also have same problems). She offered to take ten percent off the hire. Was nice gesture but I only had two hours to ride these famous trails and I spent about one of them putting chains back on and fiddling with gear cables.

1  Thank Jamie C