“Maori carving kayak a hit”

Rapid Sensations Ltd
Ranked #25 of 34 things to do in Taupo
More attraction details
Owner description: Rapid Sensations Ltd is Taupo’s premier outdoor adventure company that has been operating throughout the Lake Taupo – Tongariro National Park region for over 22 years.Held in high regard for professional, safe delivery of quality experiences and outcomes, Rapid Sensations offers a comprehensive range of adventure activities and programs to the tourism, corporate, military and education sectors.
Reviewed 26 November 2014

had a great kayak tour out to the Maori carvings. Rob was helpful and informative. Well worth the time and cost.

Reviewed 8 October 2014

We hired 5 bikes from Rapid Sensations the other day and the service was spot on. It's located right next to Craters of the Moon which made things easy for us and the girl at the disk was nice, chatty and even gave us some discount vouchers when we told her our plans for the rest of the day. The bikes were good quality and the nearby tracks are awesome.

Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

We did the two hours kayaking. Both Ian and Rob were our guide through out the whole journey. We did a quick 5 minutes lesson then head off to the river. My wife was on a canoe with my six year old daughter while I was with my three year daughter. It was a great experience and we had lot of fun. Both Rob and Ian weren't rushing us to finish the journey. The view was fantastic and the water was clear. My younger daughter was having fun with the water while I was kayaking. Rob patiently waited for us the whole time. We spent about 20 minutes at the hot pool area. Both my daughters loved it. Strongly recommended and great for family activities.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My son and I hired two hard tail mtbs to ride into the Craters mtb park. The hire was open only for three hours in the middle of the day. When we arrived there were only two bikes left. Both proved to have significant gear issues. Try as I might with the cable barrel adjusters the gears kept leaping about. After a while I noticed mine had a big bend in the middle chain ring. I suspect my son's bike had similar. The lady running the hire didn't know much about bikes and didn't really want the feedback I was giving her (so that the next hirers didn't also have same problems). She offered to take ten percent off the hire. Was nice gesture but I only had two hours to ride these famous trails and I spent about one of them putting chains back on and fiddling with gear cables.

1  Thank Jamie C
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We took a kayak trip down the Waikato river as a group of 6 with rapid sensations. It is worth a trip down the river but the owner who took us was pretty miserable. He basically just kayaked in the front, hardly ever spoke to us, and even then it was only when we asked him a question. I am sure there must have been a lot of info. to give us on the trip but he gave us none. Try the trip, it is serene and very pretty, just try and get a friendlier guide.