“Delicious menu that was safe and pleasant”
Review of The Cozy Corner

The Cozy Corner
Ranked #27 of 137 Restaurants in Taupo
Description: Licensed wellness café with delicious & unique soul food. There is something for everyone, including gluten free, vegan & keto options. Our meals & treats are crafted in our own kitchen and juices & smoothies are freshly made for you. Passionate in serving quality drinks we offer a variety of coffee beans, four milk alternatives, organic NZ wine, local beer & gluten free cocktails. Enjoy all this knowing you’re supporting an eco-friendly business.
Reviewed 10 January 2024 via mobile

Nice menu - lots of gf choices but our lunch wasn’t great.
I had Cajun chicken salad. The chicken was tough and dry and the salad was over dressed in honey mustard and there was far too much of the dressing I’m afraid . Bit disappointing.
I was also given some marinated tofu which I didn’t order! The waitress took it back.
In all fairness I was ordering by myself- husband was parking so maybe the waitress thought I was by myself and that I wanted the fries as a side ( there was a choice of them or salad that came with the burger) and she knew I had ordered something else so thought it must’ve been another side - marinated tofu -
But I hadn’t! She wasn’t to know he was coming, though I had asked for a large juice w two straws 🧐
My husbands halloumi burger was missed but he did get the accompanying kumera chips which were amazing !!! By the time I’d finished, the burger arrived.
I would try here again as the menu looked so good for a coeliac!!!!

Date of visit: January 2024
The Cozy Corner Cafe, Owner at The Cozy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

That all sounds a bit hectic, so sorry about that! Funnily enough, even though it was around 2 months ago, I'm pretty sure I know exactly which day you came in. Trust me, it is not our usual standard to send out part orders or overcooked chicken. Our menu does indeed have an amazing selection for coeliacs so I do hope you one day will return. Thank you for the four dots regardless of your average visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2023 via mobile

Lots to choose from and heaps of healthy low sugar, low carb options. We all enjoyed our breakfasts and I had a delicious peanut butter smoothie. The smoothie options were great! I will go back again to try some of the other options. I also took away a cookie dough raw slice… soooo good.

Date of visit: November 2023
The Cozy Corner Cafe, Owner at The Cozy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2023

So glad you liked our smoothie menu, thank you for taking the time to review us! Perhaps see you another time.

Reviewed 23 October 2023 via mobile

A very extensive menu that caters for dairy free, gluten free, vegan and sugarless dining. This in no way makes the food any less delicious! Highly recommended.
The smoothies are top notch!

Date of visit: October 2023
The Cozy Corner Cafe, Owner at The Cozy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2023

Thanks so much for sharing! We are always stoked when we get some lovely reviews, Thank you.

Reviewed 3 June 2023 via mobile

Tucked away, out of the milling crowds is this wonderful, friendly cafe with a toilet! Very important if you have wee ones. A perfect stop for a hot chocolate break on a cold day. Our hot chocolates were chocolatey, hot and quick. Loved the service and atmosphere!

Date of visit: June 2023
1  Thank envacation
The Cozy Corner Cafe, Owner at The Cozy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2023

Hi there, pleased you enjoyed our hot chocolates. You are quite right, there are far too many cafes without toilets, but it did put a smile on my lips with the comment. Take Care 😀

Reviewed 22 April 2023 via mobile

I stopped at Cosy Corner for a hearty breakfast before heading over to do the Hukka Falls jet boat ride. I ate with plenty of time to spare so I didn’t throw up on the speed boat (which cuts laps along the Waikato River with adrenaline pumping 360 degree spins)!The cafe was excellent and I enjoyed a delicious vegetarian breakfast of poached eggs, avocado, fried tomatoes, feta & toast with a wake-up cup of flat white coffee. Service was excellent & the vibes were good! It was a freezing cold morning in Taupo (close to zero degrees Celsius) and the warm cafe & breaky was a godsend.

Date of visit: October 2022
1  Thank WorldTravla7
The Cozy Corner Cafe, Owner at The Cozy Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2023

Sounds like you had an awesome day planned with a Huka Falls Jet boat ride. We are so pleased you enjoyed year breakfast with us, thank you for sharing, words and photos.