Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ustwo
Auckland

Musky, damp smelly place

Review of Tui Oaks Motel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2021
Stayed in April, got a room with a view over the lake, that was about the only good thing with this motel.
A strange kind of welcome, the guy seemed nice enough, but could tidy up his appearance, socks and jandels, come on.
No bathroom door, so if you were in bathroom and someone wanted to go to bedroom, anyone in room would have seen.
Apart from the view the room was very unwelcoming feel to it, and I think it could certainly do with an upgrade as it was vert tired looking.
I know times have been hard for the likes of motels, but that is no reason why the rooms can't be spotless. If fact with this room,
Date of stay: April 2021
Room Tip: . Maybe a back room without a view if you don't want any traffic noise
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
    $128
7.4 km from Tui Oaks Motel
Pool
View more hotels in Taupo
All reviews top floor short walk into town room was clean across the road fantastic views great place to stay convenient location bedroom motel lake toiletries toaster units
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I left my phone charger behind in my unit and phoned to see if it had been found. The manager was extremely rude and personal on the phone. I had stayed there several times previously and taken a school group there but will never visit again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 619sheilas
Kath Beckett, General Manager at Tui Oaks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Hello Sheila, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Relief Manager recalls you demanding we send your phone charger and pay the cost. The policy with lost property is either the guest sends a self addressed handibag and we will return your property or we can courier it to you at a cost, which was trying to be explained to you.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

Tui Oaks was clean an had good facilities an close to Jolly Good Fellows which was excellent food. But the bed was very hard! Difficult to sleep. Lovely view and lift.
The boat, the guys an the sailing was just excellent experience!

Room tip: Best views
Date of stay: February 2020

Hello Anne, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear the bed was too hard for you. Please always let us know anything you are not happy with. We would have moved you to another room for the other two nights of your stay.
Thank you for choosing Tui Oaks Motel and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2019

Very well situated with a nice view over the lake. Quiet. Reception was friendly and efficient. Only criticism is that the unit was light on towels, given that we had indicated two people would be staying - only one hand towel and one large towel. Assume this was an oversight.

Room tip: Ask for one facing the lake if possible
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 27 August 2019

I just stayed 2 nights at Tui Oaks. I arrived late at night and the lady whom I had spoken to at reception kindly left the keys (hidden) for me on arrival (I was after midnight on a Friday night sadly).
The room was very nice, clean and tidy and the next morning the view was spectacular.
I thanked the lady on reception the next morning for leaving the keys out and she replied, "We can do that anytime for you - we often do that for our regular travelling sales customers - which I thought was a nice response and a great idea.
I found the room was tidy and clean and while the windows did fog up badly, it did not take too long to clear them, once the windows were opened,"
There is plenty of parking and is a nice easy walk to the entrances (I am partially disabled so this was especially appreciated - as was the lift/elevator inside!).
The ladies that were looking after the rooms were very polite and happy and the couple who said goodbye to me as I left were very pleasant - the man even carried my bags to my car for me.... All in all, a lovely stay.
I will definitely stay at Tui Oaks again, hopefully in the near future. RH

Room tip: Park around the back of the motel - and as soon as you rise - open the curtains - the view is fantastic....
Date of stay: August 2019
tuioaks, Manager at Tui Oaks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2019

Hi BluesSupporter, thank you for taking the time to write a great review,we appreciate your feedback and so pleased you enjoyed the amazing lake and mountain views. We look forward to seeing you again when you are down this way on your next sales trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2019

The elderly man (guessing hes the owner of the motel) gave the most terrible welcome 10 minutes after we arrived at the motel which ruined our whole stay not forgetting how frightened my 5 year old got after the whole saga. We arrived at the motel close to 11pm on a Friday night. Our room was upstairs and the kids had fallen asleep in the car. There was no parking available which meant we had to park out the back so we decided since it was so late, we'd quickly get the kids up to the room and unload the stuff from the car so we parked the car by the stairs which meant we had blocked the main road but we kept an eye out to see if we are blocking any ones way while we did this. 10 minutes later we got a knock on the door, the elderly man was so angry. From the minute we opened the door he yelled abuse at us the whole time about how he got woken up and how we shouldn't have parked there. Yes it was def our fault, and we apologised to him over and over again but he wouldn't take a bar of it. He did not want to listen to anything we had to say. Just kept saying i don't care, YOU DON'T PARK THERE!!! I'm not saying its not our fault, but that is no way to treat your customers. And as for the room, although it was clean, it was terribly cold. There is no heating in the room, they had turned on 2 plug in heaters to warm the place up and one of the heaters barely worked and so much condensation on the windows with water running down them. I passed this feedback onto the elderly lady at reception, at the time she apologized but then she called me 2 days later to say she had talked to people staying next to us and they didn't hear anything. Basically telling me im lieing. She said she spoke to the elderly man and he told her that it was us arguing and how we told him how we did nothing wrong by parking them. He just coldly lied to the face. Advised her that there was CCTV there and to watch it which will show who was lieing. She did not want to hear anything i had to say either. Never staying there again

Date of stay: August 2019
tuioaks, Manager at Tui Oaks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear Payal
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your two night stay in the upstairs unit you requested. It's a shame you waited until check-out to mention how unhappy you were. We could have sorted out the heating issue had you mentioned it to the elderly lady at Reception on Saturday morning. There are 23 car parks in our complex and only 12 were occupied at 11pm Friday night so we are surprised you couldn't find a park and even more surprised you wanted to stay another night if you experienced 'the most horrible service ever received in a stay' We would have happily refunded your money for you to have made other arrangements.
We endeavour to look after our guests, but in some instances this does not work.