“Disappointing Service”

Ranked #33 of 193 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: With over 20 years' combined training in the hospitality industry, we decided to bring our passion and talents back to New Plymouth. We aim to create the finest food, in the best setting, in the City Centre. Craig's pastries will leave your mouth watering; he will be providing handmade chocolates, cakes and assorted pastries daily, the like of which has yet to be seen in this town. Kira is committed to providing a warm and comfortable environment to enjoy them in, and amazing savoury dishes to satisfy any appetite.
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I am not commenting on the quality of the food but just on the lack of service. Remembering this café for the lovely loaves and pastries from a previous visit to New Plymouth a year ago I stopped by to purchase some treats to take home to my hosts. The café had only a few patrons at the time and there were two people behind the counter, a man and woman. I checked over the goodies and was ready to purchase but there was absolutely no acknowledgement of my presence. I waited and waited and waited some more, then shrugged my shoulders and left. I fully understand that they might have been busy with something but to totally dismiss the presence of a customer is just bad practice. Had I been given a smile or some other hint that I would be attended to I would happily have waited. I purchased elsewhere and I won't be back!

1  Thank c b

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I enjoy this cafe, the owner and staff are always lovely. However, my comment today to a staff member was 'flipped' off - and ignored, when I asked if they used tongs (when taking the bun I bought out of the cabinet). Server said they sanitize their hands, but as I pointed out to her, she had just served someone else and handled money and then reached into cabinet to take out the bread - just a friendly reminder in the name of good hygiene, please try and use tongs when handling customer's food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

eggs Benedict with salmon and hollandaise sauce.
the sauce was way too much as if to hide something.
the big market brekky was nice and complete although the sausage was made out to be a lot bigger on the menu. Good flavour though.
Great coffee, not too sweet like many do, mochachino and good latte

nice atmosphere nice decoration with the beans bags on the wall.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We had a voucher for brunch albeit a scrunched up almost dry tatty one from a water bottle leak - still accepted with a smile.

We had a market breakfast which received a tasty awesome comment and the mushrooms which came with a poached egg (a Taranaki twist at a few places Im loving). Great flavours.

Friendly, quick, tasty and a nice ambience. Cakes looked good but the size of our meals meant we didn't try.

Good coffee!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Fantastic yummy food! Chicken Burger and Tiramisu to die for, one of my favorite places for brunch/lunch.

1  Thank Jacqui K