All reviews salt restaurant across the road the penthouse coastal walkway covered parking wind wand ocean view overlooking the water room was large comfortable bed good size first floor close to shops restaurant staff min walk busy road great room
Reviewed 7 November 2018

My room was a great tidy clean environment with plenty of space. The staff were so helpful and very pleasant. I had undercover parking which was such a great plus in the wet weather. There is an amazing restaurant with delicious food and good service.. highly recommended I stay here always when I am in New Plymouth it is handy to everything.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We visited New Plymouth for a short stay for the first time in many years. Even though I visit for business, this was a time out weekend.

Our hotel of choice was the Millennium Hotel New Plymouth Waterfront and we hit the jackpot.

The room was comfortable and clean with views of the sea and Mt Taranaki (when the cloud lifted).

The highlight for us though had to be the hotel restaurant SALT for dinner on the Saturday night. We called into the bar for a drink and to book a table but as it was a full house had to wait until after 8.00pm. No problem, we were happy to wait. When we arrived back from our room 2 hours later, the Manager Luke made sure we had a drink then took us to our table.

The menu was an easy one with a good selection to choose from. Our waitress, Angelynne looked after us well and when our meals arrived (delivered by Luke) what we had ordered was clearly explained to make sure we were happy.

The meal was perfect.

Not to be outdone, the breakfast Manager and the trainee waitress the next day met the same standard. Approachable, made sure we were happy with our meal and took time to explain and clarify.

I stay in many hotels on business around New Zealand and have travelled extensively through Europe, and the restaurant in this hotel would be one of the best I have been in. Well done Millennium Hotel New Plymouth Waterfront

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2018

I was greated yesterday by a young lady at reception, who was incredibly friendly and helpful, a great staff member. Luke ( I think that was his name, Scottish guy) from the restaurant helped me with my bag and told me about the restaurant. To be honest I don’t often each in hotels as I find them uninspiring, boy was I in for a surprise! The food was awesome all the were genuinely lovely, and gave you a sense that it must be a nice place to work. Despite being busy, Luke, the guy doing drinks, and wait staff were awesome. So, I even went back for dinner tonight. My room was very spacious, quiet and spotless, I would totally recommend this place to friends and colleagues

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The service is exceptional here. The staff are friendly but not overbearing. We went for drinks (happy hour) and the next day they asked how our evening had gone. Seemed genuinely interested. We had breakfast there which was good - their dinner sounds delicious. Room was clean and tidy and quiet.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
RachaelT765, Front Office Manager at Millennium Hotel New Plymouth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable time & hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

the receptionist was very helpfull & welcoming, full of information & recommendations. Our room was lovely, the restaurant for our evening meal was Outstanding, and that goes for the breakfast too. We have no complaints about this hotel, car parking was free to. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Morning Amanda,

We appreciate your feedback, its always great to hear such great feedback about our staff. I will pass your comments on to the restaurant too.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.