“Value for the price but definately a budget motel”

Coronation Court Motel
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in New Plymouth
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I enjoyed my stay even though the room was musty and obviously dated. On the positive side, it was a great size room - much better than some of the more modern places where I have stayed. The bed was comfy. Wifi was offered but not very good. It seemed to me that there was just one person on staff. He was very friendly and when I needed anything, he was there right away made me feel like I was at home but it seemed like he needed more help. I noted that there were more modern rooms on site and I will be asking for one of those on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This is a complex that has plenty of parking, the unit I had was quite adequate but quite basic. The kitchen is basic with a microwave and and double hotplate. There was not a small sharp knife and the skillet had seen betters days. The automatic kettle did not switch off so when I switched it on and went and had a shower the place was full of steam. My stay coincided with a time of cold weather and I found the fan heater a little inadequate. The television would not turn off and although I told the lady who came to service the room it was not fixed. The unit was lovely and clean and I would still happily stay in this motel again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ruakakakiwi
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Paid a budget price for this, so I wasn't expecting much. We rented out a 2 bedroom unit, in the height of summer, but the accommodation was damp. This affected my health and hence my stay. The host were accommodating and changed us into another unit, however this wasn't much better.

Room Tip: An old accommodation, so the rooms are basic.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Went o New Plymouth for a Conference and chose this motel as it was close to venue. Couldn't fault this Motel or service we received. Had all it said it would, and it was a comfortable motel. Quiet, pleasant motel: Very helpful and pleasant staff:

One exception was that unpredictable Wi-Fi. Double check the free Wi-Fi as we did get it given to us, but it was not a great reception at all, so ended up using our own system.

Recommend this Motel? YES most definitely

Room Tip: If needed ask to get ground floor, some units are upstairs. We had unit with 4 steps so was manage...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2016

My wife and I often stay at the Coronation Court in New Plymouth as it is clean quiet and vale for money. Alonng with that it allows us to walk to town via Pukekera park which is a wonderful attraction!. The Coronation Court Motel also has a guest laundray and a view of Mt Taranaki (when the clouds allow). We have always had a pleasant experience here.

Room Tip: ask for upsatirs room to avoid cars parking at your front window
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple