Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Relax01324854877

Lovely boutique hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jul 2023
Fantastic 6-day break in a lovely, quirky, homely, very stylish boutique hotel. Great rooms, the bed was soooo comfortable it was hard to get out of!! Terry, Maggie and the team are awesome, so friendly and helpful, nothing is a drama! Maggie mixes a mean Pina Colada, trust me! All up a great place, atmosphere is all there and there’s a top notch restaurant to boot, thank you for such a great time!!
Date of stay: July 2023
Room Tip: Lemon Possett from the dessert menu is a ‘must have’ item
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $62
    $75
1.3 km from Nice Hotel & Table
View more hotels in New Plymouth
All reviews chickpea salad making you feel special eclectic art spa bath new zealand enjoyable stay rooms are comfortable we've stayed coastal walkway terry plymouth snuggle netflix port dust magazine nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2023

Do not order a bowl of fries before your main! Mistakes were made! But that baked brie was definitely not a mistake.
I had the eye fillet with roasted winter vege with a port jus, absolutely amazing. Steak melted in my mouth.
Wife had the chefs special which was a lamb back strap with smokey eggplant puree, roast chickpea salad, and roasted vine tomatoes, also amazing.
Side of roast potatoes is always a side of potatoes, but the side of roasted maple brussels sprouts with walnuts were delicious.

Date of stay: June 2023
Reviewed 14 May 2023 via mobile

One of the most beautiful hotels that we have stayed in. I could have walked around for hours appreciating the detailed decor.

We dined at the restaurant twice and the food was superb. The building was old but delightfully warm.

So elegant. We felt as if we were in a beautiful hotel in France

Date of stay: May 2023
Reviewed 29 April 2023

Stayed last night. Room was well appointed and bed was very comfy however my room was on the corner of two roads one being extremely busy and noisy. I hardly slept due to the traffic noise and vibration all night, no relaxing break for me. Less of a bother but still not good for the price was the cooking smell entering the room from below as the restaurant was busy and mould on the bathroom tiles. Way over priced and not a four star by far. 3 star is more realistic.. Very disappointed and tired.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms near the one way road. Book parking as its first come first served otherwise.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2023 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights in two different rooms. In fact each room is different. Super comfortable beds, interesting art work, antique furniture. The best thing is the ambience sophicated homliness. You are called by your name by friendly staff making you feel special. I loved it and was sad to leave.
As I didn't have a car I found the proximity to town, the coastal walkway museum and art gallery very easy to reach by foot.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2022 via mobile

So, I'm a miserable bugger, hyper critical and a cynical old git all round. I travel all over NZ and the Islands for work on a weekly basis. The reviews I leave are usually only in spite because the service/rooms/parking/iron in the room wasn't up to scratch. HOWEVER, I'm now lost. Completely jaw droppingly aghast.

I walked in - late - to check in. Was met by a smile and guided to my room, shown around the hotel personally, including the library and courtesy sherry and port. The walls are adorned with superb eclectic art works as it transports you into a head swiveling wonderland.

On getting to my room, the lights had been dimmed and classical music was playing. It was romantic as it gets. I even felt a slight smile appear on my grizzled features.

Complementary Nespresso coffee, wifi, Netflix, magazines. I could go on. The room was eclectic with a lovely seating area separate from the bed, which was, as an aside as good as I've slept on around the country, only coming second to the Heard beds used at Rydges hotels.

I love a cold room, and the air con was able to blow me a proverbial blizzard which allowed me to settle down with a Port and snuggle into the ample blankets and pillows.

OK, bad points. I looked and looked... and looked. I fi ally found something. There was some dust on the lightbulb in the lamp at the side of my bed. So I wiped that off. There. Victory.... I felt better. In the morning the same amount of dust was back, so, um, unless thenlightbulbs were cleaned every 12 hours I couldn't even fault that.

I didn't dine but the food looked exceptional and ambience beautiful for an evening meal with a lively lit garden area. The bar had a great drinks selection and bar area - in which I am currently sat took me back to 5 star English pubs in the cotswold with a contemporary touch.

I was looked after by the restaurant manager - as yet to get her name - who somehow manged to smile, provide an excellent service AND juggle 20 odd patrons with class befitting of this establishment.

There is rarely a hotel experience I come across that would bring me back purely to enjoy the experience of staying there rather than just being someone to rest my head.

The Nice Hotel is the exception and should be a bone fide tourist attraction for New Plymouth .

Il leave tomorrow and head to some charachterless Hilton pining for the first hotel in NZ that's left me wanting to come back.

Room tip: Dine here. Enjoy a cocktail and the best bar area in town.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Terry Parkes, Owner at Nice Hotel & Table, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2022

Thanks for your wonderful review Tom! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!
Looking foward to seeing you next time.