Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Diane W
Nelson, New Zealand

Nice hotel is extra nice

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Feb 2023via mobile
I stayed here for 4 nights in two different rooms. In fact each room is different. Super comfortable beds, interesting art work, antique furniture. The best thing is the ambience sophicated homliness. You are called by your name by friendly staff making you feel special. I loved it and was sad to leave.
As I didn't have a car I found the proximity to town, the coastal walkway museum and art gallery very easy to reach by foot.
Date of stay: November 2022
  • Expedia.com
    $167
2.3 km from Nice Hotel & Table
View more hotels in New Plymouth
All reviews chickpea salad making you feel special eclectic art spa bath new zealand enjoyable stay rooms are comfortable we've stayed coastal walkway terry plymouth snuggle netflix port dust magazine nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2022 via mobile

So, I'm a miserable bugger, hyper critical and a cynical old git all round. I travel all over NZ and the Islands for work on a weekly basis. The reviews I leave are usually only in spite because the service/rooms/parking/iron in the room wasn't up to scratch. HOWEVER, I'm now lost. Completely jaw droppingly aghast.

I walked in - late - to check in. Was met by a smile and guided to my room, shown around the hotel personally, including the library and courtesy sherry and port. The walls are adorned with superb eclectic art works as it transports you into a head swiveling wonderland.

On getting to my room, the lights had been dimmed and classical music was playing. It was romantic as it gets. I even felt a slight smile appear on my grizzled features.

Complementary Nespresso coffee, wifi, Netflix, magazines. I could go on. The room was eclectic with a lovely seating area separate from the bed, which was, as an aside as good as I've slept on around the country, only coming second to the Heard beds used at Rydges hotels.

I love a cold room, and the air con was able to blow me a proverbial blizzard which allowed me to settle down with a Port and snuggle into the ample blankets and pillows.

OK, bad points. I looked and looked... and looked. I fi ally found something. There was some dust on the lightbulb in the lamp at the side of my bed. So I wiped that off. There. Victory.... I felt better. In the morning the same amount of dust was back, so, um, unless thenlightbulbs were cleaned every 12 hours I couldn't even fault that.

I didn't dine but the food looked exceptional and ambience beautiful for an evening meal with a lively lit garden area. The bar had a great drinks selection and bar area - in which I am currently sat took me back to 5 star English pubs in the cotswold with a contemporary touch.

I was looked after by the restaurant manager - as yet to get her name - who somehow manged to smile, provide an excellent service AND juggle 20 odd patrons with class befitting of this establishment.

There is rarely a hotel experience I come across that would bring me back purely to enjoy the experience of staying there rather than just being someone to rest my head.

The Nice Hotel is the exception and should be a bone fide tourist attraction for New Plymouth .

Il leave tomorrow and head to some charachterless Hilton pining for the first hotel in NZ that's left me wanting to come back.

Room tip: Dine here. Enjoy a cocktail and the best bar area in town.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Terry Parkes, Owner at Nice Hotel & Table, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2022

Thanks for your wonderful review Tom! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!
Looking foward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 1 August 2022

What a charming hotel to stay in. I just wish I had been on holiday rather than on a work trip. So comfortable with stunning decor and a super location. Would love to visit with my husband and sample their delicious looking menu.

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay. The room was very roomy, comfortable, warm. Bathroom was both clean and of high quality. Shower pressure impressive. Conveniently located, hard to fault.
The owners have obviously spwnt time to create a warm and welcoming environment, with good art, and furnishings.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank peter2145
Reviewed 19 April 2022

Had a lovely experience at the Nice hotel. Perfect location, very clean and had everything you need. Loved the quirky decor. The Halamoana room had a gorgeous little deck and spa bath. Wonderful service. The Table restaurant was closed the night we stayed because it was a Sunday, but our host gave us great recommendations for food and drinks. Would recommend this place highly.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 7 February 2022

We stayed at the Nice Hotel on a recent family trip to New Plymouth, and found it the most charming hotel we've stayed in New Zealand. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated with flair and elegance. We loved the little Library. Terry and Maggie were terrific hosts - friendly and informal, but not intrusive. We had a first class meal at Table restaurant. I only wish the Nice Hotel were in Auckland, but they made our visit to New Plymouth very memorable.

Date of stay: January 2022