Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SherylGlasse
Auckland, New Zealand

2 nights stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Oct 2020
Had a great time and Isabell who was managing the motel was very helpful with local knowledge. Great location.
The room was very spacious and cosy. The art gallery is well worth visiting and in addition to the Len lye exhibition there was also another great exhibition by Candice Lin. The staff very friendly and informative.
Date of stay: October 2020
    $71
    $85
1.5 km from Amber Court Motel
View more hotels in New Plymouth
All reviews bedroom unit across the road place to stay stayed here for nights kitchen
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2020

Overall bloody perfect!

Positives - Everything. From the massive room, the pool, the location all the way to the amount of pillows! But most of all the lady at reception, very nice, positive and service with a big smile. I wish I got her name so I could give a shout out to her! Please respond!

As I have mentioned in most of my reviews, my father is a hard man to please but he loved this place and gives all praise! He said it was the best stay!

Negatives - All the bad comments from people who are expecting to stay at the Ritz.

Highly give this place a 5 out of 5. Im even going to book with the lads soon.

Thank you guys!

Room tip: Stay Here!
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 14 November 2019

We didn't pre-book or look at reviews before finding Amber Court. The welcome was friendly and the room was inexpensive. The motel is in a very handy location - easy walking distance to supermarkets and restaurants, (and every fast food shop you could think of!). The room was very dated but clean, with a comfortable bed. We were given a quiet room in a block "down the back". This was quite separate from the main motel block, tucked in behind commercial buildings. I felt quite comfortable walking up to the main street from the unit at night with my husband, but would have driven if I was by myself.

Room tip: We were in a block separate from the main motel block. It was quiet but appeared to used by longer term residents, rather than travellers.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2019 via mobile

We had trouble finding a hotel, most were sold out. We got the last room at Amber Court and were told at checkin that the room was dated but clean.
The room was quite large with lounge and kitchenette. The bed was comfortable and the shower good, we certainly couldn’t complain about the room for the price we paid.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2019

The room was old fashion, dated and slightly musty. We stayed 2 nights. When you arrive the doors and windows are all open and because of the airflow the mustiness isn't that noticeable until you shut everything. Heating was a problem. We had a 2 bedroom unit, the beds were comfortable and it was very spacious and felt clean. Good location but pleased we weren't positioned up the front as there is a fair bit of road noise.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 7 August 2019

I had a little trouble finding this motel all because my satnav led me astray. However, once found, it was clean and comfortable and it was hard to fault. If I want to be picky, there was no plug for the basin - probably because they go missing or taken by petty thieves staying there. It's a good location and I would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2019