Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bev
Katikati, New Zealand

Comfortable

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2020
Was a nice room, comfortable and clean. It is dated but was a reasonable price. Pretty central for New Plymoth, only problem is you have to go around the block in this place, due to one way streets. But, would visit again.
Date of stay: February 2020
Room Tip: ground floor due to aged persons
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    $71
  • Priceline
1.1 km from Braemar Motor Inn
View more hotels in New Plymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2020

Pets allowed is probably the only positive thing about this place.

Booked an employee in for the night, within seconds of putting his dogs food down it was covered in ants. He has crawled into bed, but already feels as though there are bugs biting him.

Room tip: No room is a good room.
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2019 via mobile

We booked last minute and unfortunately didn’t read the reviews on this place. Luckily we stayed there for less than 12 hours in total - just an overnight stay before an early hospital admission at southern cross. First impressions weren’t great. The lady at reception wasn’t particularly friendly. Didn’t even offer a wifi password. The actual room had everything we needed for our very short stay but was very outdated. The windows were impossible to close properly. Obviously hadn’t been cleaned properly as there were 3 empty soft drink bottles left under the bed from previous occupants! It was very dusty which irritated my lungs. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Lots of noise from other rooms made it hard to sleep. Didn’t expect much for the price but expected better.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2019

Looked very good in photos, took my own photos and a lot different, could hear upstairs using and flushing the toilet - also arguing and shouting. Shower walls coming away, nearly cut off my fingers trying to close the window. closet was a curtain that also covered the open fuse box. Needs to be brought back to how the photos are.
Was bitten to pieces.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2019

My room was very dusty,I had other people's hair all through the inside of my duvet and folded into the clean towels given to me. Finally I had a few unwelcome guest, I had fleas in my bedding and through my clothes and I was left with multiple bites.
This place needs a over haul!!!!!!Proper cleaning of the basics isnt their priority.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Safe yourself some grief, and make bookings elsewhere. The room I was given absolutely stunk of mould, a smell which became alarmingly worse when I used the stovetop. Nigh upon all the dishes were dirty upon my arrival. The shower was full of mould and had used chewing gum in the soap holder. Finding fleas in bedding was the last straw. After raising my concerns with motel management I was called a liar.

Trip type: Travelled on business