Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Vanessa C
Waverly, New Zealand

Find somewhere else to stay

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Nov 2019via mobile
We booked last minute and unfortunately didn’t read the reviews on this place. Luckily we stayed there for less than 12 hours in total - just an overnight stay before an early hospital admission at southern cross. First impressions weren’t great. The lady at reception wasn’t particularly friendly. Didn’t even offer a wifi password. The actual room had everything we needed for our very short stay but was very outdated. The windows were impossible to close properly. Obviously hadn’t been cleaned properly as there were 3 empty soft drink bottles left under the bed from previous occupants! It was very dusty which irritated my lungs. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Lots of noise from other rooms made it hard to sleep. Didn’t expect much for the price but expected better.
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Priceline
    $71
1.1 km from Braemar Motor Inn
View more hotels in New Plymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2019

Looked very good in photos, took my own photos and a lot different, could hear upstairs using and flushing the toilet - also arguing and shouting. Shower walls coming away, nearly cut off my fingers trying to close the window. closet was a curtain that also covered the open fuse box. Needs to be brought back to how the photos are.
Was bitten to pieces.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2019

My room was very dusty,I had other people's hair all through the inside of my duvet and folded into the clean towels given to me. Finally I had a few unwelcome guest, I had fleas in my bedding and through my clothes and I was left with multiple bites.
This place needs a over haul!!!!!!Proper cleaning of the basics isnt their priority.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Safe yourself some grief, and make bookings elsewhere. The room I was given absolutely stunk of mould, a smell which became alarmingly worse when I used the stovetop. Nigh upon all the dishes were dirty upon my arrival. The shower was full of mould and had used chewing gum in the soap holder. Finding fleas in bedding was the last straw. After raising my concerns with motel management I was called a liar.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

Lovely clean accommodation.. comfy.. the lady in the office Alex is so lovely.. even gave us sushi on returning back to the motel for the night.. was very appreciated as we hadn't had dinner as we'd just lost a family member... definitely recommend and the prices are so reasonable.. definitely going back there..

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

Photo looks ok, but actual units are small, shabby, with many up a narrow staircase. We had booked well in advance, mentioning our dog, but were stuffed into a small room upstairs. Room was clean and beds ok, but all very pokey and shabby. A lamp and a light did not work. We would never return.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple