Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ktschmidt57
Auckland, New Zealand

To Stay near the hospital

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Dec 2018via mobile
If you want cheaper accommadation for a stay in New Plymouth and you want a family room that's not quite up to par.
With ripped net curtains, fairly run down conditions and looking more shabby than chic then this the place for you!
Not recommended!
    $84
  • StayForLong
2.1 km from Braemar Motor Inn
View more hotels in New Plymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We pay $146.09 one night a bedroom for four people, two adults and two children.
It's has been the worst place that we ever stay in New Zealand.
First, the lady in reception has not the skills to treat with customers, very bad looking and bad manners.Then the bedroom it was worst than reception, when we just got in we felt a very unpleasant smell immediately we open all the Windows to ventilate the room.
The room in general was in very bad conditions,very dirty carpet, sloppy walls, spider web on walls, dusty furniture and very disgusting shower we never could have a shower in that place.
After all, the worst waste of money in my whole life.
I forgot mention, they gifted us with a box of milk which expired the next day.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

OMG I have never seen such a disgusting place it should be shut down due to health & safety, I arrived late afternoon and I was gone within 30 minutes the smell, decor ripped curtains, dirty, smelt like cat pee need I go on.
THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN NEW PLYMOUTH.
Not even desperate enough to stay here EVER Avoid at all cost

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sandrabH7556LE
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Good - Large clean room. Friendly owner/proprietor. Great location to walk into town.Good kitchen facilities.

Bad points - dated and tired furniture and bathroon - but hey, it's New Plymouth and a reasonably priced motel. More worrying was the daily interference from the WINZ client in the next room. Also wifi was rubbish.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We stayed one night and that was to long -
the motel is old and VERY DIRTY - the toilet needs replacing - someone had tried to fix a hole in the wall what a mess - it looked like someone had spat on the wall and it had been there for some time - the light above the bed had dirty string hanging down for the light switches - very dirty as per the photos ...

Room tip: dont stay there
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this place online because of the positive reviews, walking distance to city and a decent price. Reviews were good too and a score of 3.5/5 was encouraging.
First impression was not very happy as the place is rundown and old. It's also very very basic.
But the main problem is staff and attitude.
I didn't feel welcome at all from the moment I stepped into reception. A receptionist could not find my booking, checking and rechecking her computer. Finally I got the key and wifi voucher.
In a few hours I realised that I have to stay one more night due to work requirements. I went downstairs and the receptionist lied to me about price for accommodation. She said that my room cost $99 ( I paid $90 online). She kept pleading to book directly thru her and not online, telling me that I forgot the price I paid before. I gave up and paid. Later in the room I found the original price and of course it was less.
Next day before leaving I left the sign asking to clean my room. Guess what? It was NOT, even the rubbish was still there.

Travel advice I could not get either.

Anyway, bathroom tiny and very old, toilet is very loud, no mosquito nets on the Windows, carpet very old with lots of dust, furniture heavily outdated. There is a kettle, old toaster and a microwave. Basic toiletries.
Sheets were very clean and ironed. Bed quite comfortable.

For this money there are many more better properties. Never again.

Date of stay: November 2017