Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sandra B
Waipukurau, New Zealand

SPRAY & WALK AWAY

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Feb 2018via mobile
OMG I have never seen such a disgusting place it should be shut down due to health & safety, I arrived late afternoon and I was gone within 30 minutes the smell, decor ripped curtains, dirty, smelt like cat pee need I go on.
THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN NEW PLYMOUTH.
Not even desperate enough to stay here EVER Avoid at all cost
Date of stay: February 2018
Go to your Happy Price
  • Booking.com
    $66
View more hotels in New Plymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Good - Large clean room. Friendly owner/proprietor. Great location to walk into town.Good kitchen facilities.

Bad points - dated and tired furniture and bathroon - but hey, it's New Plymouth and a reasonably priced motel. More worrying was the daily interference from the WINZ client in the next room. Also wifi was rubbish.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We stayed one night and that was to long -
the motel is old and VERY DIRTY - the toilet needs replacing - someone had tried to fix a hole in the wall what a mess - it looked like someone had spat on the wall and it had been there for some time - the light above the bed had dirty string hanging down for the light switches - very dirty as per the photos ...

Room tip: dont stay there
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this place online because of the positive reviews, walking distance to city and a decent price. Reviews were good too and a score of 3.5/5 was encouraging.
First impression was not very happy as the place is rundown and old. It's also very very basic.
But the main problem is staff and attitude.
I didn't feel welcome at all from the moment I stepped into reception. A receptionist could not find my booking, checking and rechecking her computer. Finally I got the key and wifi voucher.
In a few hours I realised that I have to stay one more night due to work requirements. I went downstairs and the receptionist lied to me about price for accommodation. She said that my room cost $99 ( I paid $90 online). She kept pleading to book directly thru her and not online, telling me that I forgot the price I paid before. I gave up and paid. Later in the room I found the original price and of course it was less.
Next day before leaving I left the sign asking to clean my room. Guess what? It was NOT, even the rubbish was still there.

Travel advice I could not get either.

Anyway, bathroom tiny and very old, toilet is very loud, no mosquito nets on the Windows, carpet very old with lots of dust, furniture heavily outdated. There is a kettle, old toaster and a microwave. Basic toiletries.
Sheets were very clean and ironed. Bed quite comfortable.

For this money there are many more better properties. Never again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I stayed in this place in July during my North Island trip. I paid $149 and the room was no were for the price I paid. It was very dirty, We could see the spider webs on ceiling corners. The room, kitchen & bathroom were so small and outdated and tiring. The funny thing was when we pulled the duvet cover, there was a sock belonged to previous guest still in the bed. I complained at the reception to a women who could be the Manager/owner and she had no idea how to handle complain and didn't help at all. We didn't feel comfortable staying at this place and asked for refund so that we can leave but she wouldn't give refund. After a long argument, I asked for compensation and she gave $20 off which was a joke and she didn't even bother to help to clean the and change the linen in room. In the morning when we wanted to have breakfast and there was no cereal bowls, plates. I couldn't believe this place charged me so much money for such a bad room. I didn;t want to see the reception women face again but I had to address that there were no plates and bowls in the kitchen. What can she do, who had no idea how to handle customer complains. This was the worse place I have ever stayed.

Room tip: Do not stay at this place.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The hotel was in a good location on the main road downtown. At check in Meagan was very nice and helpful with the washer and dryer. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little outdated. Parking was free and we were able to park in front of our room. We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: June 2017