Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Moorusha S
Melbourne, Australia

Very bad

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Nov 2017via mobile
I booked this place online because of the positive reviews, walking distance to city and a decent price. Reviews were good too and a score of 3.5/5 was encouraging.
First impression was not very happy as the place is rundown and old. It's also very very basic.
But the main problem is staff and attitude.
I didn't feel welcome at all from the moment I stepped into reception. A receptionist could not find my booking, checking and rechecking her computer. Finally I got the key and wifi voucher.
In a few hours I realised that I have to stay one more night due to work requirements. I went downstairs and the receptionist lied to me about price for accommodation. She said that my room cost $99 ( I paid $90 online). She kept pleading to book directly thru her and not online, telling me that I forgot the price I paid before. I gave up and paid. Later in the room I found the original price and of course it was less.
Next day before leaving I left the sign asking to clean my room. Guess what? It was NOT, even the rubbish was still there.

Travel advice I could not get either.

Anyway, bathroom tiny and very old, toilet is very loud, no mosquito nets on the Windows, carpet very old with lots of dust, furniture heavily outdated. There is a kettle, old toaster and a microwave. Basic toiletries.
Sheets were very clean and ironed. Bed quite comfortable.

For this money there are many more better properties. Never again.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • ZenHotels.com
    $147
2.0 km from Braemar Motor Inn
View more hotels in New Plymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I stayed in this place in July during my North Island trip. I paid $149 and the room was no were for the price I paid. It was very dirty, We could see the spider webs on ceiling corners. The room, kitchen & bathroom were so small and outdated and tiring. The funny thing was when we pulled the duvet cover, there was a sock belonged to previous guest still in the bed. I complained at the reception to a women who could be the Manager/owner and she had no idea how to handle complain and didn't help at all. We didn't feel comfortable staying at this place and asked for refund so that we can leave but she wouldn't give refund. After a long argument, I asked for compensation and she gave $20 off which was a joke and she didn't even bother to help to clean the and change the linen in room. In the morning when we wanted to have breakfast and there was no cereal bowls, plates. I couldn't believe this place charged me so much money for such a bad room. I didn;t want to see the reception women face again but I had to address that there were no plates and bowls in the kitchen. What can she do, who had no idea how to handle customer complains. This was the worse place I have ever stayed.

Room tip: Do not stay at this place.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The hotel was in a good location on the main road downtown. At check in Meagan was very nice and helpful with the washer and dryer. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a little outdated. Parking was free and we were able to park in front of our room. We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

A very tidy and quiet motel. The staff were very friendly towards us! It was only a short walk from the city centre so when we went out at night it was safe to leave the car there and walk to town. It was cleaned when we went out for the day and everything was changed and replaced.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Very basic older motel which is well overdue for renovation and updating. Only had one window for air, as it was summer we used an inadequate fan provided but was still very hot and stuffy! Room reasonable size and bed comfortable enough, however could see dirty marks on bedspread and just didn't feel like unit was well cleaned. No Sky TV. Room was quiet enough and in a good location handy to downtown area. Staff member not particularly friendly or welcoming. We wouldn't return.

Room tip: Room only had one window and was very hot/stuffy in summer, fan provided inadequate.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017

It is an older motel, but it is cheap and just a 10 minute walk to the bus station and the downtown area. My room was large and had a kitchen and free wifi (but it was slow). I had plenty of space and it wss fairly quiet.

Date of stay: February 2017