“Enjoyable Lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went with a local friend for lunch. Plenty of gluten free options, staff were pleasant, considering they were busy we didn’t wait long for our food and both meals were tasty. Pricing on the high side but was happy to pay to have good gluten free food. Would visit again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We love to sit and have coffee & cake at the bach, its lovely outside on the deck.
Although it is extremely hot n stuffy inside, could do with more opening windows and or aircon.
Staff always look hot and uncomfortable. Maybe they could wear cooler shirts,,

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The owner is an odd one, very passive aggressive in her manner and not at all hospitable. Some lessons in dealing with customers is definitely required here!!

The food was expensive and average. For a place that prides themselves on vegan and vegetarian (I am not) I expected the halloumi to be cooked properly, instead it was thin and fried and tasted like old leather boots - thankfully I also ordered the bacon which was delicious.

We sat at a table with a beach view - except we couldn’t see the beach due without craning our necks up and over the filthy window frames or ducking below them, it was that point we discovered old food wedged in the frames - YUCK!!!

Dirty, rude and expensive and strained my neck looking a view. I do not recommend, there’s a reason the place is known amongst the locals as the “B!t*h on Breakwater”.

1  Thank AllinBluff
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Quickly stopped in for a takeaway meal for lunch. The vegetable stack looked amazing so I ordered it. I however could not eat it all as it was very dry and very puzzled as to what the brown patties were? Didn’t taste like vegetables and certainly didn’t look like vegetables. The little salad that it came with was nice but the vege stack needed a dressing of some sort. It’s not like me to not finish a meal. I hope that this dish is reviewed and improved as vegetable stacks are usually a favourite of mine!

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here as was looking for a decent vegan breakfast. It was $25 which even for a Wellingtonian is pretty expensive! I did enjoy it tho, not omg amazing for $25 but decent enough.
My partner said his scrambled eggs were rather dry and over cooked.
Found it a bit odd they came with what looked like $1 a loaf budget bread, rather than a fancy 5 grain or ciabatta or some sort.
They had some yummy looking vegan cabinet food so would return again to try something else.
Lovely location right on the ocean front, bit crazy having to pay for parking too.