“Wonderful crepes”

Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Being greeted with a friendly "Bonjour!" As you enter the Cafe de Paris is one of its unique charms. The French owners, Alain (from Lyon) and Valerie (from Pau) settled in Rotorua 12 years ago.They provide a wide variety of French cuisine and an all day breakfast with a very competitive price of $9.90 . You can taste their unique almond croissant or beef bourguignon. They offer savoury galettes (delicious crispy, buckwheat crepes, gluten free and organic) or dessert crepes both with a great range of authentic French fillings. It is the original French cafe in Rotorua where you can have the taste of authentic French food surrounded by some "ouh, la! La!" Or "Voila"...Alain and Valerie welcome you with Bonjour and you are the most welcome if you want to try your French.. Come and have a French experience without the jet lag....
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We visited this great cafe this morning for breakfast after a disappointing rugby game last night and it totally changed our mood . Fabulous food , we all had crepes with different fillings and they were so delicious . I had bacon , bananas , maple syrup and yoghurt instead of ice cream - yummm! The staff were very friendly , pleasant and efficient. Would highly recommend esp if you want a change from the usual cooked breakfast .

Falbala007, Owner at Le Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Sorry to hear that your team lost the game but we are happy to have win your heart.
Merci beaucoup for your great review.
We hope to see you soon
Valerie and the team

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Great coffee, great food, great service. We go there weekly for breakfast and have done for the last couple of years.

Merci beaucoup for taking the time to post this awesome review.
Thank you for your loyalty.
see you soon.
Au revoir et Merci

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I was told about this café so I purposely went over there for a coffee. It was hard to miss it and it looked very inviting from outside – the French theme was clear. Despite a map of France, some postcards from various locations in France and some posters that theme however, was somehow lost in the transition from outside in and it looked rather chaotic and without character. Tablecloth added some warmth, colour and additional “French” element, but I was not sure if it was supposed to stick to my hands so just in case I kept them off it. Like many other cafes I visited in Australia, this one is not exactly what Europeans would consider a café – a meeting place, where one can order hot or cold drinks and of course coffee, cakes, deserts and other sweets, perhaps some wine and most importantly spend time at leisure with company or just reading or relaxing without a feeling of being in a busy eatery. On this side of the world cafes are rather eating places so this one was exactly that with all the hustle and bustle and all the noise associated with it. Anyhow, despite that I enjoyed my coffee and looked through a book about coffee which was made available to the café’s customers. I supposed the book made my experience more enjoyable and allowed me to relax more than otherwise I would.

Falbala007, Owner at Le Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

I am glad you enjoyed the book

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This is not the flashest cafe in Rotorua - but I enjoyed my lunch and received good value for money. Yes I would go back for a quick lunch.

Falbala007, Owner at Le Cafe de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup for taking the time to post that positive feedback about our cafe on trip advisor.
We are happy that you enjoyed your lunch for the value.
If we are not the flashiest café in town we are certainly one of the authentic Café with homemade food.
We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The food is really good, nice sized portions and really good prices. The coffee was nice and the staff was very helpful.

Bonjour ...
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the French experience.
We hope to see you soon.
Au revoir et Merci