All reviews welcome basket heat pump the sofa bed great place to stay free wifi on arrival fresh milk sky channels fenton street would definitely stay here again heated swimming pool local attractions excellent motel air conditioning enjoyed our stay excellent stay two nights
Reviewed 24 December 2017

The owner was very nice and helpful. All the motels are on a strip in the same area and quite a walk from restaurants, shops and tourist spots. Our room wasn't very clean, they seemed to have a teenage boy doing he work. The bathroom had some mould, a very dusty exhaust fan and the shower water smelt a little. (May not be their fault)
The kitchen area had cupboards extending out over the sink and counter top so kept banging my head when I tried to use the kitchen sink. Didn't risk using the spa tub after seeing the bathroom. They didn't vacuum as my wife hair was left all over the bathroom floor. Room was not all that big although you could sit outside on the widened walkway which had some tables and chairs.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thank you for your review...I wished we had been informed of your issues and we would have addressed this immediately. We are unable to assist with the kitchen layout, however it seems you enjoyed The Emerald Spa, we do have the owners 16 year old son helping in the school holidays to strip the units of the used linen upon departure of guests then the professional cleaners come in to clean. You had booked a studio unit, probably in future no matter where you travel int he world it would pay for you to book a 1 bdm unit so this allows you plenty of movement in the lounge area. Wishing you a very Happy New Year- Judith

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Lovely motel, very clean and well maintained. The pool was wonderful. We were greeted warmly on check-in and made to feel very welcome. Nothing was an issue. Would definitely stay again when next in Rotorua. Thanks.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EmeraldSpa, Manager at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for your review, do hope there is a return visit. Merry christmas and a very happy new year-Judith

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We had looked at a lot of tired, crummy-looking, overpriced rooms, when we happened to find the Emerald Spa Motor Inn. The managers were so accommodating to us. We always look at a room before we rent it, to make sure it is up to “snuff”. Their rooms are beautiful and super clean! The pool was sparkling, and warm. We stayed 2 nights on our way south, and another on our way to Aukland. I have told friends who will be traveling there, about the property.

Room Tip: Always look at the room before you take it!
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EmeraldSpa, Manager at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you for the review..we loved having you both here. Hope all was well on your return flight home. Looking forward to meeting your friends in the new year. Happy New Year and a very merry Christmas.-Judith

Reviewed 19 December 2017

The Best one I stayed in Rotorua, very very nice owner, super clear and comfortable room, big private spa pool in the bathroom can fit 4 of us ( me and my partner , 8yrs n 4yrs boys )
The only choice for me in the future when I travel rotorua again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EmeraldSpa, Manager at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hi Tiffany-Thank you so much for your review. Really appreciate this so much. Merry Christmas and a very happy new year. - Judith

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Paid for the room the day before and was offered an upgrade(rooms with a spa) at no extra cost. They also allowed me an early check in to suite my schedule. Thank you:)
Gave me everything I needed with a smile and more.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
KateandRichardBoyd, Manager at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Merry christmas and a very happy new year-Judith