- Non-smoking rooms
- Free wifi & parking
- Wonderful, huge spa bath; can easily fit two adults + a couple of small kids
- Good location, very short drive to great eating places & supermarkets
- Gym (though I didn't use it)/heated pool during summer/laundry facilities (1 washer & 1 dryer)
- Only the living room had air-conditioning, so the bedroom got a bit warm sometimes. Not that big of an issue, since I understand it's difficult to find accomodations with air-conditioning in Rotorua. Would have been nice to have a fan (or air-con unit) in the bedroom, to keep the air circulating.
- The unit we got had a bedroom with a double bed (or at most queen; not king-sized as stated) and a sofa bed in the living room. The sofa bed is adequate for smaller kids only.
Overall, the pros far outweighed the cons. When we tried to do our laundry, the dryer for guests was out of order, and the motel owners were nice enough to dry our laundry in their big dryer free of charge, which was much appreciated.
Incidentally, some reviewers apparently had problems with noise from the road or other rooms. We had no such problem at all.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking