“Great Korean food”
Review of Yaki Yaki

Yaki Yaki
Ranked #145 of 256 Restaurants in Rotorua
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Recently went for dinner with friend and chose the $25 BBQ special- we had plenty of beef chicken and pork provide to BBQ which we could have gone back for more but didn't need too, and side dishes and dumplings!! Staff friendly and helpful, Recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Only good I can say about this place is that the pieces of beef were of good quality. The marinade on the meats was a bit overpowering. The side dishes were not to my tastes although it is what it is at a Korean BBQ, lack of vegetables was also a big negative but could also be typical. The gas ran out a few times but the server quickly replaced it. The soup was extremely watery. The flounder was a tiny pile of bones and skin. I am not a fan and won't be back.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Went in this establishment having never Eaten Korean food before and was pleasantly surprised, we both went for the set BBQ menu at $25 each person they brought a small gas barbecue and sat it in the middle of the table with an assortment of belly pork, which was cut thin and very lean, beef and chicken both marinated along with boiled rice, dumplings and some sort of garnish, we were also asked to select from the what you might call a salad bar, but one I have never seen the like of before, the beers were very cheap, for NZ that is and ice cold water in chilled st steel tumblers.
The meat was replenished if you wanted it but to be honest there was more than enough for the two of us and very nice it was indeed.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We went to Yaki Yaki around 8.15pm on A Wednesday night. When we arrived we did ask if they still open. The answer was Yes. Then we've been given a table. And one minute later, a waitress 'kindly' asked us to relocate to another table because they need set up table for tomorrow. We are responsible people, in consideration of the time, we moved to another table. But I didn't realised that was only the start of all. When we just started to read the menus, the waitress advised us they would be closed at 9pm. Then she just came back every two minutes to ask us if we were ready!! We are family of six, it does takes time to decide. We politely told them we were not ready. And when we made the order, we asked the waitress a question about a dish, the answer we've been given is our kitchen will be closed at 9pm, I think you have ordered enough for the table??! When we asked if we could refill the side dish, her answer was yes you can , but tell me what you want then I can get the kitchen for you, they are about to close soon! It was 8:30pm when she said so, it was only 15 minutes after we arrived! If you couldn't wait to close, why didn't you tell us when we first arrived? If you have let us sit down and we paid no different than other customers, why we've been treated in this unfair and unrespectful way? In addition, the meals just not authentic at all!! It was even not as good as a take away shop in food court! Considering the price they ask, it was just unbelievable not worth of money. It was the worst dining experience I've ever had.

3  Thank Isabella N
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The service was great, we did not wait long and our drinks and food were topped up as we needed. The salad was my husbands favorite.