“Good value and Delicious”
Review of Yaki Yaki

Yaki Yaki
Ranked #125 of 278 Restaurants in Rotorua
Reviewed 2 January 2017

The service was great, we did not wait long and our drinks and food were topped up as we needed. The salad was my husbands favorite.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We came as family with 2 boys who were hungy. We got as much meat and everything we could eat. Value was the money worth.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Never been before and probably won't again. It was all ok but salads and condiments were very limited . Sorry but in the food game atmosphere and menu is everything a little lacking in both.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

So as a Korean BBQ enthusiast and a spicy food addict, I wanted to eat Korean BBQ and hope my honest opinion will shine some light on our experience.

We arrived around 5:40 pm, no customers were in the restaurant and for a moment we thought they were closed. We were greeted with a smile and was asked if we made reservations, when I told no, we were seated off to the side, away from the center dining area. It seemed kind of odd, almost as if we were some type of rejects sitting away from the main serving area. This was odd!

Keep in mind living in Hawaii and being surrounded by so many great Korean BBQ restaurants you could say I'm a spoiled Korean food lover, I love Korean food. I been to so many and was really looking forward to eating here.

After making our decision on what we were going to eat, my wife and I ordered their all you can eat BBQ for $50 pp. My daughter decided to order off the menu and decided not to have the all you can eat. Because she and my granddaughter are very picky and light eaters.

When I placed our order, we were told by the waitress who repeated herself continously about 5 to 6 times that we are "not" to share anything from the BBQ off the table with our daughter and granddaughter. Seriously? Why would the waitress even say this to us, kind of odd #2.

The BBQ meat platter and the rest of the goodies came to the table in just a few minutes after ordering, so there was no wait.

The noodle dishes my daughter and granddaughter ordered was very bland, the broth was watery too. I would rate both noodle dishes a 1 out of 5, seriously lacking taste.

Our meat platter consisted of marinated beef and chicken, and pork. The beef and chicken was okay, definitely not Korean marinades. The soup was bland, bland, bland...seriously no broth, very watery? How degrading for a so called Korean BBQ.

Anyway..

The Korean deep fried dumplings wasn't fresh either, I could taste as if they were popped out of the freezer straight into the fryer. The real Korean dumplings you tell at first bite, these were just average.

Our Kimchee and other Korean sides were on a small stand where we had to stand up to make our own. This was a first for me, not being served these side dishes...odd #3

I would have to say out of the items I ate, the rice, chicken, beef and Kimchee was good. The soup, even their so called salad, dumplings and other sidedishes were horrible.

I left unsatisfied as if I made a poor decision for dinner dishing out almost $140, and walked away very disappointed. Hawaii have all you can eat authentic Korean BBQ for $19.95 and the food is ALL authentic! This place is a disgrace to the real Korean BBQ restaurants and not worth visiting. This food is not authentic Korean and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

3  Thank 808norm
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Didn't look that great but food (self cooked on own table) was fresh and very tasty and we'll priced. We enjoyed the shared meal with one of us being vegetarian and one a meat eater. Good value