“Very Tasty Meal”

Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in Rotorua
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Two Generations of the family (La Famiglia) work and run the Cafe, bringing their expertise together for an unforgettable Italian encounter.Ciccio is fully Licensed with a wide range of beverages available including both New Zealand & Italian wines by the glass or bottle. In the winter months you can cosy up on the couch next to the fire....come summertime you choose, basking in the glorious sun alfresco or, escape to air conditioned comfort. Relaxed casual dining, great place to meet friends and family.Ciccio prides itself on serving authentic Italian food at affordable prices in a relaxed & casual environment that caters equally well for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Ciccio is well known for producing magnificent Cakes & goodies so duck in for a delicious treat, or relax with a coffee, beer or glass of wine.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Weekend away in Rotorua and decided on and Italian meal. Ciccio is very spacious inside and the staff are extremely polite. The menu is quite extensive so took a while to decide. I was intrigued by the Thai Green Curry Rissotto. It was a delicious explosion of flavor in my mouth so pleased I tried it. The pasta dish my husband has was also extremely tasty. The meals are on the large side so don't get to carried away with the entrees, however they do have a take home option for left overs. So pleased we chose this restaurant, and you should to.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Rainy day roaming the streets. Craving for something Italian for my pallet like red wine and manicotti. Did not disappoint. Excellent selection of beverages and food. Pasta was fresh and spiced with New Zealand! Prompt staff, friendly and reasonable fare.
I remained until precip had diminished and second glass of wine was gone, all gone.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Solo quick bite / dessert in end January 2018.

After a morning of walking around the Waiotapu Thermal Park, I was hungry & heading towards a lunch place when I saw a beautiful, giant vision of chocolate and cream through the storefront of a restaurant I was rushing past. While I stopped and stared, I wondered whether the sulphuric geysers that make Rotorua smell funny were making me hallucinate, because what in the world was I looking at? I finally saw a menu conveniently posted outside the restaurant… a FREAKSHAKE?!?!? Why am I only hearing about it now?!?!?

Lunch plans were quickly dropped and I found myself inside, asking for a table. I pretended to read the menu that the friendly waitress brought… but we both knew why I was there… “Ummm… I’ll have the butterscotch milkshake”… “Anything to eat?”… “Errr… not really… oh well, if you bring the bruschetta, I might nibble at it.”

The bruschetta (NZD13.50) turned out to be really good, with fresh tomatoes and herbs and tasty balsamic olio, and quite filling. However, the star of the “meal” was the Butterscotch Badass (thick butterscotch milkshake, topped by a cinnamon doughnut, whipped cream, pieces of Crunchie Bar, Jersey caramels, and salted caramel sauce, NZD13.50). I wisely had only a bite of the chocolate and caramels, and left the doughnut and cream, because the milkshake was thick and filling… and absolutely HEAVENLY!!

The other milkshake options, all for NZD13.50, are Unicorn Dreams (whites chocolate & berry milkshake), Chucky Wocky Freakout, or Glueteus Minimus (chocolate milkshake with gluten free chocolate brownie).

I was very pleased with my bruschetta and milkshake lunch – it was quick, reasonably priced, and the service friendly. I’d say the Freakshake is a Rotorua must-do!!

11  Thank SidMehlwal
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Had an awesome dinner at Ciccio Rotorua nice place, really good food and on top of they have the Best customer service keep up the good work Matt. Definitely deserve a pay rice mate. EXCELLENT!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Mixed experience - venue is on a main road. When we arrived we were told all the things they couldn’t do e.g. couldn’t have a bigger table in case they got busy (only one other group there) and we’d have to order at once cos the kitchen stop cooking at 2030 (it was 2000) - this doom and gloom tone continued throughout - they seemed more concerned about following their own rules than the positive experience of the customers - after a while it was almost funny.
Having said that the food was good. Enormous helpings - one between two would have been plenty - we had tagliatelle with bacon and mushroom creamy sauce and an amazing salad - too full for pud!

1  Thank JoeyBizwiz