“What a day!!”

Rotorua Trout Guide
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Rotorua Trout Guide. Based in the Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand. We offer guiding fly fishing and boat fishing trips throughout the Rotorua District. We also offer saltwater fly fishing in the nearby harbours in the Bay of Plenty predominantly chasing kingfish. One of the most popular options we offer is Heli-fishing, gaining access to remote wilderness rivers that only see fisherman a couple of times at the most each year. We also offer boat fishing on many lakes in the region. Expect good catch rates of top quality trout. The world famous and highly regarded fisheries of Rotorua is a necessary part of any serious fisherman's travel itinerary to New Zealand. Trips range in length from half day to multi day trips for all ages, fitness levels and ability. Get in contact with your Rotorua trout fishing guide Julian Danby for a fantastic fishing adventure catered around your needs and requirements.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and i wanted to say thanks to Julian for an awesome days fishing out of Taupo.
Julian is a top notch guide who took us straight to the fish.
Although my skill level was not high enough to land all of the fish hooked i did manage one....thanks mate
Genuine knowledgeable down to earth bloke who loves his fishing.
Picked us up and dropped us off from our accommodation in Rotorua.
Can't recommend him enough!!

Cheers Julian,

in 15 reviews
"fished"
"river"

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

What an incredible trip! Fishing my way through New Zealand on a working holiday visa I fished all over the country especially the South Island, when I came up North i didn't know what my plan was. After consulting a few friends I was given Julian's name and guide service and not was I not disappointed!

We went out for several days and did all types of fishing; small streams, rivers, and still water it was incredible. In each type of water we did VERY well, Julian really knew what he was doing with bug choice and choice of water. We caught numerous fish over a 2-3 pounds.

We even made it to the Salt one day and knowing how tough it is to find the Kingfish I was very impressed that we got on them the first day. Those fish are above and beyond everything I've ever experienced in a fly rod. Not exaggerating even a little, the run and pull of those fish blew up my 7wt reel to the point of hand lining to finish.

I would highly recommend having Julian take you out for one of the most memorable, professional, and fun guided days on the water. Truly one is not enough, if you can do 3 I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Cheers!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Julian definitely knows some great spots that you can always find some big trouts.
He knows everything you need to know about fly fishing that makes an experience of to be remembered for ever!!!
Thanks heaps Julian.

JulianDanby, Owner at Rotorua Trout Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Soroush! Thanks for your review. I really enjoyed showing you around one of our fisheries of the Rotorua District. . Hopefully you pick up the fly rod and try some of your local fisheries in Aussie!!
Thanks again!! regards Julian

Reviewed 15 September 2017

A 50th birthday present. Great day on the Whirinaki with Julian - not only caught some nice fish but picked up some key tips which resulted in a much better strike rate whilst out on my own - even landed (and released) my first 10lber using a fly set up I picked up off Julian

JulianDanby, Owner at Rotorua Trout Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks Andrew. Appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Congrats on catching a 10lb fish. It's a special moment. Regards Julian