“Great Find”

Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Brook is situatated within the Best Western Braeside Resort. Serving fresh seasonal menus with ever changing blackboard specials. Al fresco dining overlooking the stream. Also catering for conferences, group bookings and special occasions
Reviewed 18 August 2016

So happy to find a lovely restaurant on site after a day driving. Appreciated the chef catering to my daughter's preferences.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We were staying at the best Western and were contemplating what to do for dinner. With tired kids in hand we defaulted to the on-site restaurant and weren't disappointed. Great tasting food in a relaxed and quiet setting. The service was one on one by the husband of the chef and he does a great job.

1  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was a delight to visit as a solo business traveller.
I had the mushrooms lasagne the first night which was more delicious than you could imagine! And couldn't resist a second visit the following night for the delicious roast cauliflower Indian dish.
The hosts were lovely people to talk to and the atmosphere and setting was lovely.
It's a little outside the town but I would recommend this place to as one of the nicest places to eat in Rotorua.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I took my boyfriend here for dinner on his birthday and we had an amazing meal. We have been travelling for the past month and it was so nice to have what felt like a home cooked dinner. Keith and Mary-Ann treated us so well, it was as if we had known them for years. I highly recommend dining at The Brook Bar and Bistro for the best food in New Zealand!

2  Thank GabriellaWisdom
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Great place to have a simple, unpretentious and hearty dinner. Decor is a little dated but the quality of food more than over compensate for it. I had the duck confit and my husband had the lamb shank. Both were super yummy. Chef cooked up a special soup for us as well because I don't take lamb, which happened to be in the soup of the day. A bowl of hot soup was exactly what we need after a cold day out in the river. Overall a must visit when you are visiting Rotorua.

1  Thank Brenda B