1,272 results
All reviews eat street two double beds a lake view room lobby area buffet breakfast short stay would stay again close to town new zealand accor novatel lakefront fi cbd
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Our stay at the hotel was quite pleasant and we chose a lakeview room. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was located centrally for us. We did however struggle to get a drink in the evening with seemingly insuffiient staf. None the less a pleasnat and agreeable stay

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Love the hotel's location as it is central to everything--the museum and gardens, as well as restaurants. It is also just a few minutes ride to most attractions in rotorua. Will certainly recommend to visitors who value comfort and convenience.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

First room we were had smelt so strong of bleach that I had a headache within minutes so asked for another room and the bed was so hard and uncomfortable only managed a couple hours sleep definitely not worth the price for such a tiny uncomfortable room

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018

great staff, rooms and service, breakfast was awesome and so close to the lake front, restaurants, cafes and bars, also being an accor member we got to use the Novotel facilities which included their hot pools

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 16 October 2018

I have given this a two star rating, one for the lake view from our room and the other for the central location otherwise it would have been a zero star rating.
My husband stayed at Ibis Rotorua recently, 10-14 October, and did not have a good experience. I have emailed Accor Head Office (NZ) and written a review on Ibis Rotorua FB page, we will not be staying at Ibis Rotorua again and will be advising friends and family accordingly. We are experienced travellers, having travelled the world and this was our worst hotel experience.
The hotel lacked amenities, the Wi Fi was appalling, it was very slow at connecting and would intermittently switch itself off, very frustrating. To access the Wi Fi you need a password but the only way to access the password was on the hotel website which you couldn’t access without a password ‍♀️. My husband had to ring down to reception to find out what the password was, as there was no information in the room about the hotel and it’s services and amenities. All accommodation we have stayed at has had Welcome books/ guides explaining about the motel/ hotel facilities,services and amenities. In all of the places that we have stayed at in all of the world,Ibis Rotorua is the only place that didn’t.
My husband had booked this mini break for a pre birthday treat for me, this pre birthday treat was mentioned at the time of booking and the receptionist made reference to it at the time of check in, no other reference to the birthday was made during our four nights there. When we have been away for birthdays before, the places we have stayed at have made the stay extra special with little touches to the room.
The rate for our room was $220 per night for a king room with lake view. Under normal circumstances we wouldn’t have an issue with such a nightly rate but the inefficient,poor quality service, shoddy room and lack of amenities did not reflect Ibis Rotorua’s nightly rate of $220.
We stayed in room 469, the room was shoddy with threadbare and torn upholstery on the luggage bench, scum on the shower head, the bathroom vanity was dated and felt like it was going to come off the wall. My husband went to get a tissue from the tissue box holder that was on the wall and as he pulled out a tissue the box came off the wall. He didn’t report it as we had not received great customer service when we had highlighted our dissatisfaction at certain things that had happened during our stay.
The walls are paper thin, the lady in the next room had a horrendous hacking cough which kept us awake, not her fault re the cough, we felt for her but the walls need soundproofing or thicker walls to be put in. There was lack of storage other than a small narrow wardrobe which housed an iron and ironing board, making even less room for storing/ hanging clothes. I’m an Interior Designer and have seen bigger children’s wardrobes! There was very little natural light coming in so it was a very dark and depressing space, not a space for relaxing in. Whoever designed the room did not make the best use of the avaiable space. The window was a small square one with heavy curtains, there was a lot of dead wall space by the window,there could have been more window to highlight the lake view and the ‘counter/ bench/ desk’ that ran all along that area didn’t need to and could have created more space for storage, the bedside tables didn’t even have drawers.
The staff were helpful and friendly but lacked professionalism and efficiency. The trainees and any new members of staff should have a senior on duty with them at all times, they would also benefit from further training on customer service,efficiency and professionalism.
On one occasion we had a ‘do not disturb ‘ sign on the door yet a member of the housekeeping staff knocked on the door thus disturbing us when we’d asked not to be disturbed, this knock woke my husband up and he answered the door, we think it was the housekeeping manager who apologised ‘sorry sir’ on behalf of her team member but whilst we appreciated the apology we had already been disturbed. ‍♀️

On Friday 12 October, the morning receptionist phoned us to enquire as to whether or not we were staying another night, I advised her that we were in fact staying another two nights as per our booking, checking in on Wed 10 October and checking out on Sunday 14 October. My husband queried this call with the evening receptionist, the evening receptionist said he didn’t know why his colleague had made that call as ‘it’s all here in the system ‘ , clearly the morning receptionist hadn’t checked the system but disturbed us.
The restaurant is not really a restaurant as there isn’t an a la carte menu, more bar snacks / takeaway type service and the food choices are very limited, the food is not served on crockery there isn’t any room service but lots of ‘self service ‘ not what you expect for $220 per night. On Friday night,(12 Oct) my husband went down and ordered a vege burger for me, he was told that the chef didn’t have the ingredients, how can any chef not have the ingredients for food offered , in fact how can a chef run a ‘restaurant ‘ if he/ she doesn’t have the ingredients! ‍♀️ My husband ordered chips (fries variety) for me but the chips I got were more like mini waffles, definitely not fries. At the time of ordering my ‘chips’ it was not explained to my husband what Chef’s ‘chips’ were otherwise he wouldn’t have ordered them for me. He ordered a pizza for himself but my ‘chips’ came out first, my husband mentioned to the staff member that my ‘chips’ would go cold whilst he was waiting for his pizza. The staff member said she would take them back to the chef so the pizza and ‘chips’ would come out together and hot. However this didn’t happen as when my husband finally got back to the room the ‘chips’ were cold. He phoned down to complain, the receptionist apologised and said he’d bring some more up and deduct the ‘chips’ from our bill. The receptionist did do this and delivered ‘hot’ chips to our room, unfortunately as a result of this experience my husband and I ended up eating at different times, we had wanted to eat together. My husband’s pizza wasn’t cut properly and tore when he tried to pick it up, the base was too tomatoey, burning the palate and overpowering any other flavours.
Not a hotel experience we’d expect for $220 per night, worst hotel experience ever, definitely don’t and won’t recommend Ibis Rotorua ; Alex Polizzi, Hotel Inspector would have a field day.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple