All reviews mokoia island lake cottage miniature horses the main house new zealand villa apartment friendly sheep tour of the property heated floors stayed longer breakfast and dinner hot tub main town our honeymoon two nights living room a wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020

We were absolutely blown away by the view when we drove in. The building is unique, well maintained given the age, very special, and displays a lot of history.

If I could give a 4.5 I would, however I cannot and do not believe it deserves a full 5 stars. We do not mind dogs and have them at home, but this is certainly the last place either of us would have expected to be greeted by an yapping little dog, which is why I am only giving it a 4.

Over our time here we dined in house and went to a few other local places. If you get the chance to dine in and have the English chef cook for you, I would highly recommended it.

We loved getting to walk around and explore this amazing property. The ladies who look after the grounds were only too happy to take us to meet the animals, which we thoroughly appreciated.

Despite the pooch, we have told our friends about our stay and they have booked in for a few days in the new year.

Date of stay: August 2020
Ann Gregor, General Manager at Peppers on the Point Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Peppers on the Point.

Wonderful to hear about your dining experience and will pass on your compliments to Ali , the Chef I believe you are referring to.

The puppy you refer to is not a usual resident at the lodge, and I apologise if this upset you, he is my own puppy in training. I am glad however you enjoyed meeting the other animals on the property and enjoyed walking the grounds.

Thank you for referring others to stay and looking forward to meeting them in the New Year.

Kind regards

Ann

Reviewed 13 September 2020

A group of us decided to come here for lunch. The setting is magical and the staff are extremely obliging.
However there were a couple of things that let Peppers down today.

1. Quite a few options on the menu included poached eggs, great when cooked correctly however all the eggs were overdone.

2. We were given a brunch menu but there was no drinks menu. The wine was enoyable but at $15 per glass I felt the price was excessive.

Overall an enjoyable day but not fabulous

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ann Gregor, General Manager at Peppers on the Point Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our new brunch menu. I appreciate your comments and will raise these with the Chefs and the Restaurant team. It is disappointing to read about the eggs being overdone as this is never our style and we gain rave reviews about our breakfast menu and in particular our various egg dishes. We do have a beverage menu but you raise a very good point that we may need to produce one specific to our new brunch offering. Our wine by the pour does start at $12.00. Again thank you so much for your comments, this is a brand new offering and these reviews will only ever assist us in offering a better service to our visitors. Kind regards Ann

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

We come to peppers every year and have a wonderful stay in celebrating our wedding anniversary
This year the standards are still the same - perfect
The staff are wonderful and the location is heaven
The food let me down only slightly but I understood the breakfast could not be the same because of covid restrictions
Highly recommend anyone wanting a special celebration to choose Peppers

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ann Gregor, General Manager at Peppers on the Point Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Thank you so much for taking time to review us and for your lovely comments, we are trying very hard to provide the same attention to detail and make our guests stay warm and welcoming amidst the chaos going on around us at the moment. You are correct we had to review the breakfast offering due to restrictions, but hope to be back to normal, like everyone else, asap. Take care, stay safe and look forward to welcoming you again to our place.

Reviewed 5 August 2020

With our overseas holiday cancelled my husband and I have just returned from a three night stay at Peppers on the Point, experiencing Lake Rotorua like never before thanks to Ann and her team and the stunning location. The beautifully furnished lodge, lovely gardens that lead through the paddocks down to the waters edge. No need to leave the property to dine as the meals were delicious including the amazing platter we had delivered to our room. The 180 views of the lake from our balcony we're stunning in all weathers, especially at sunrise. All this and only 45 minutes from home. We will be back.

Room tip: Main suite was excellent but we would also stay in another suite with a lake view.
1  Thank CHEERFULTRAVLES

Hi there. Thank you so much for your beautiful comments. And thank you for supporting us here at Peppers on the Point, we greatly appreciate it. So glad to hear you will return. Until then stay safe.

Reviewed 23 March 2020

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this property last weekend for our 35th wedding anniversary and wanted to celebrate by staying somewhere special. We certainly chose a special place - it was truly beautiful.
There were only three parties staying on our first night and just us and a family of 6 on the second night due to COVID-19.
Like everyone else, we received a lovely welcome from Lucy and had a tour of the property first followed by a welcome drink. Mathew showed us to our room which was the Main Lodge Suite right above the restaurant area with a huge outdoor balcony that offered a 200° panoramic view of Lake Rotorua - wow! The room was massive with a huge classy bathroom and sitting area and a small kitchenette. The room certainly had wow factor and we were ecstatic to be there. If there was a small issue, it would be thast at night you could hear a little bit of noise from the restaurant down below but that all finished up by around 10.00pm to 10.15pm both nights during our stay, so not late.
The room had two televisions both of which had a Blu-ray player hooked up so if the weather is dodgy, take some DVD's along or play some of the hotel's.
The grounds and gardens are lovely and we fed and patted the two friendly donkeys.
We booked the dinner, bed & breakfast package both nights and have to say that the food was lovely. The four course dinner was fabulous both nights. A couple of drinks and canapes (3 items each) were offered before the dinner then a soup, entree, a choice of two main courses and a dessert or cheeseboard. Thanks chef, you did a great job both nights! Our server was Mathew both nights and he was really friendly and helpful, thanks mate.
Even though there were not many people staying, the breakfast offering was really nice. We enjoyed the eggs benedict both mornings along with cereals, fruit, lovely little muffins and toast with homemade jams etc. You could have any coffee style you wanted as part of the deal. Tracy served our first breakfast and was extremely friendly. She suggested we have a look at Hamurana Springs, which we did. It was nice but the upper Te Waihou Walkway near Tirau is probably nicer and that is free.

To conclude, it was a fabulous and upmarket place to stay, impeccably clean and tidy, lovely staff and food, great view and although not cheap, is probably the best place to stay in Rotorua if you can afford it.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Grant P
Peppersonthepoint, General Manager at Peppers on the Point Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Dear Grant

Your letter could not have come at a better time for us. Since your visit to us, our world has been turned inside out, so to read your beautiful letter to us, raised my spirits.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, all in all we seemed to have exceed your expectations. I will ensure to pass this on to our small team who you mention in your letter.

I hope you are hunkered down somewhere now and that you & your family stay safe whilst we negotiate ourselves out of this predicament.

Who knows once it is all over, we might see you visit us again on your next anniversary. Congratulations.