“Wow! Wow! Wow! What an incredible experience!”

Rotorua Canopy Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Opened in August 2012. Explore the ancient forest of the Mamaku Plateau 10 minutes from Rotorua on New Zealand's only native forest zipline canopy tours. In small groups of up to ten people you will be accompanied by two highly trained guides who will teach you about the rare New Zealand flora and fauna and the conservation efforts to protect them. Every plant and tree species you see, you will not see in any other country on earth!! There are two unique eco-tour experiences to choose from - the award winning 3 hour Original Canopy Tour built and opened in 2012 includes tree platforms up to 22 metres above the forest floor, 6 ziplines and 2 tree to tree swing bridges. The 3.5 hour Ultimate Canopy Tour is even longer, faster and more spectacular featuring a suspended cliff walkway, 1.2km of ziplines (the longest is 400m!), swing bridges, a controlled descent and an incredible spiral staircase.
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I don't usually cope very well with heights but I must say that this Ultimate Canopy Tour really challenged me to let go of my fear and I did it and came away feeling that I have conquered my fear! It was an awesome feeling being out in the most beautiful surrounding and being supported by the very skillful guides who were so encouraging and reassuring. Fear not, you are safe and you will enjoy this ultimate tour. I love every zipline as it really tested me to let go of my fear. What an incredibly creative ziplining tour, must be the best in the world! Thank you to the team at Canopy Tour. Kind Regards, Vivien Cooper

Write a ReviewReviews (2,714)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"all ages"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Fantastic way to spend a day. Swinging above and through the trees, and learning so much about nature on the way. The staff take great care with everyone. Many laughs and whoops of excitment where had all day .

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I loved this adventure. It was all so well organised. The guides were relaxed but I felt very safe with them. They taught us to zipline but also all about the forest and the wildlife. Everyone should go.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Josh and Luke were fantastic guides! I felt safe at all times throughout the tour. They helped me to relax and even flip upside down on one of the lines! This tour is worth the hype and the surroundings were beautiful. I also enjoyed learning about the conservation work the company is involved with to help the birds of New Zealand repopulate in the forest!