All reviewschicken coophome away from homefarm animalsbed and breakfastdining tablepaddocknetflixhomestayaccommodationnz
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Ruth is a warm host who instantly made us feel welcome and at home. Our room was huge and the bathroom has everything you need. We had our on terrace next to our room but felt more than welcome to use the large terrace behind the house overlooking the cows. Breakfast is great with fresh eggs. I did not want to leave..

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Ruth M, Owner at Clover Downs Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

I loved that you guys enjoyed using all the spaces here at Clover Downs. It was nice to see you dining under the fairy lights on your last night!!!! Come back and visit one day!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Would highly recommend this gem to anyone visiting Rotorua. It is a little out of the main city (20mins) however is well worth it. The rooms are lovely (spacious, clean, quaint); the breakfast is very good (fresh eggs from resident hens, as well as continental options); and Ruth, who runs the place, is very welcoming and helpful. We loved staying here!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

New, light, super clean, great breakfast with eggs from own chickens. I celebrated my 60st birthday at clover downs and had a real kiwi barbecue on the terras with stunning views. Ruth knows very much about the region. She suggested us warm water swimming, visiting the waru-o-waru, and a Maori park with dinner. The homestead has two B&B guest rooms, breakfast is served either in the room, outside on the terras or in her house. Lovely poached eggs!
Wifi works quick, satellite tv with Netflix. We could even use her kitchen to do the preparations for my birhday barbecue. Go there! You love it!
Henk & Charlotte
Holland

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
RuthECrampton, Owner at Clover Downs Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Hi Charlotte, welcome home!!! Was wonderful to have you with us for your 60th, so glad you enjoyed it. Come and see us again !! Ruth

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

A home away from home. Ruth and her family were very hospitable and made the both of us feel just right at home the moment we stepped through the doors.

When we first drove up the driveway, we were greeted by a lush welcoming garden of manicured trees, plants and a happy deer resting in the shade on our right.

The driveway opened up to a beautiful house with meticulous thought put into every detail of the space. Our room was beautiful and spacious. In the bar fridge, there was elderflower and lemon drink as well as milk to make our stay comfortable. On the table, there was also a bottle of wine and nibbles for us, perfect for our honeymoon.

Rotorua town is only 15 mins drive away and there's a village that is 5 mins drive away to get take outs and groceries.

Ruth is very thoughtful and she remembers that I'm a tea drinker + grain bread eater while the husband was a coffee drinker + white bread kind of guy. I told her that I was interested to learn more about the Maori culture and she managed to find a couple of books about it for us.

What we enjoyed most was the little tour to the farm in the morning where we put on gum boots and went to collect the eggs for our breakfast and feed the goats. It was the first time in my life that I was holding a live chicken!

Amazing experience and I'll definitely recommend Clover Downs for families who would like to relax and experience a farm stay while being close to all the attractions in Rotorua. Hope to be back again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
RuthECrampton, Owner at Clover Downs Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Thank you for your very detailed review. It was great to have you here and I wish you all the best for your future together. We'd love to see you in New Zealand another day. Ruth

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

A fantastic location and Ruth is such a wonderful host. Great views and a lovely, quiet countryside setting with a very spacious, light and airy room.
I booked at the last minute as usual, but this was not a problem.

Stayed: December 2016