1,354 results
All reviews freshly ground coffee glow worm tour private spa heated pool new zealand fresh milk wonderful hosts quiet area place to stay hot spa laundry facilities stayed longer free wifi home away from home stayed for one night visit rotorua fenton street
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way down the north island.

We received a really warm welcome and information on restaurants and activities in the area. Sadly we were only staying one night, but we were appreciative of the suggestions.

The motel room we had was clean and had all the facilities we expected. We had no issues with noise as the motel is on a residential street, so was perfect for us to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Mum and Daughter combo stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend away. Loved it!
Easy to find, central to get to the sights of Rotorua, really helpful staff, clean and lovely smelling shampoo etc!
Extra bonus was the hot spring pool outside and the private pool in our room.
Would definitely stay again on a return trip to Rotorua.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I would like to extend a big thank you to my hosts at the Sport of Kings. I was there last weekend 14-15 September 2018. I'm very new to travelling on my own and I found their hospitality friendly without being overwhelming. I especially appreciated getting some tips about what to do - they are locals and suggested some great places to visit for free which I never would have thought of doing! That is a gift to any tourist. Rooms are comfortable, well maintained and clean. If I am lucky enough to visit Rotorua again I would stay there. Thank you very much!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2018

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and if there was a 10, that is what I would give it. This is a small motel located in a residential neighborhood, so very quiet. The owner, Tristan, is a lovely lady who will help you with whatever you need and always with a smile! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sport of Kings.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

From the moment I walked through the front door of the reception area I was greeted with a warm smile, check in was a breeze and check out was a pleasant experience too.

Room was perfect for my family and I (2 adults, 2 children) with enough room to spread out if we wanted to and well stocked with everything you would need. The private spa was a blessing especially after a long day playing sports.

Everytime we are in Rotorua we will be returning to Sport of Kings to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family