Lowest prices for your stay
US$64
Priceline
US$64
Hotels.com
US$67
Expedia.comUS$67
eDreamsUS$64
CheapTicketsUS$67
All reviews steam oven hot water beach thermal pools boiling mud dig holes powered site steamers shared facilities clean facilities camping ground walk into town great place to stay one night stay new zealand eat street cabin lake
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

Always love our stays here! Definitely reccomended when in Rotorua.
The hangi pit, the cleanliness, the spa pools and cold pool.
Lovely receptionist. Over all enjoyable!
Also town is very close by, and easily accessible.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Cosy Cottage, Guest Services / Front Office at Cosy Cottage Thermal Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Thank you for your positive response it is a pleasure having you once again. We are glad you love the hot pools, the swimming pools and the hangi pit. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 7 October 2020

We have stayed many times over the years and this is the first review I have made.

We have tented, stayed in many room options as well as the self contained stand alone cottages and this visit we were in a motorhome, and yet again thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

For us it is the close vicinity to the city (without traffic noise), access to the lake a couple of mins through private accessway, thermal pools, kai steamer, clean facilities and grounds and lovely staff that keeps us coming back.

Thank you again to Cosy Cottage staff, we will be back!

Date of stay: October 2020
Cosy Cottage, Guest Services / Front Office at Cosy Cottage Thermal Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

We appreciate your valuable feedback. We are happy to know that most of our guest like to return to our camp again. We have natural hot mineral pools, Steam oven to make our guest experience more memorable. Hope to see you in the near future again.

Reviewed 9 August 2020

Stayed here on a powered site, loved it! Although the facilities itself are not the flashiest, the cleanliness and friendly customer service made up for that! Nice and tidy facilities kids loved the hot pools & staff member was lovely Stayed around to assist us with a late checkin. We will definitely be back

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
C C, General Manager at Cosy Cottage Thermal Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2020

it is so happy to see you have a good stay with us and warm comments. See you in near future again!

Reviewed 11 July 2020

Great location, close to town and right on the lake. Decent sized pitches and good facilities. Kids absolutely loved the spa. Much nicer ambiance and less like a concrete jungle than where we stayed the previous night (rhymes with Pop Hen). Friendly and helpful staff, would definitely come back.

Date of stay: July 2020

Dear guests, appreciate your great review. Yes, we offer a nice camp for a family with children to stay in with natural mineral hot pools, hot mud land reserve and sand beach of the lake nearby. Large grassland area and a small playground good for kids run around.
Looking forward to receiving your family again.

Reviewed 29 April 2020

When I stayed here, I had been traveling in New Zealand for six months and stayed in dozens of hotels in this same price range and found every single one to be helpful, reasonable and friendly and this was the one unfortunate exception. I had chosen to book at the Cosy Cottage instead of my usual go to hotel in Rotorua despite the lower level of service because of the great price and amenities, but when I showed up, excited for our trip there I was instead greeted by a front desk impatiently demanding that I pay an additional NZD$220 for extra guests on my stay due to a mistake when booking on Expedia. They were unwilling to let me leave to get to my scheduled activities or even to let me on the WiFi to figure out what happened, without paying. She assured me if the charge turned out to be in error I would get a refund of the appropriate amount if I contacted management via email. However, when I collected the receipts and found that I was indeed charged NZD$50 more than I should have been for extra guests as detailed in the booking agreement, I was unable to get any sort of response from hotel management to correct the error.

That being said, the cabin was full of great amenities, it was just not worth the cost with the lack of service (there is no room servicing—we had to take out our own trash and ask for things we needed), the limited WiFi, and staff we did not get along with. For the whole stay they always looked irritated when we asked for things, to the point that we made do when we were short on linen, towels, pillows and WiFi vouchers for our extra guests who we were now paying top dollar for--all to avoid having to talk to them again. Granted the extra charge did get us off on the wrong foot, so others may not have that problem.

Date of stay: February 2020

Fully understand it will be frustrating when you check in then was told you booked only for 2 people, not 5 people for a two-bedroom flat. Not sure why this mistake happened as you travelled a lot, should aware that accommodation charge based on how many guests stay in a unit and familiar with online agent website which you used.

We always make sure the beddings are ready before check-in upon how many guests booked in. Sorry for the bedding delay for extra guests as in the evening we don't have housekeeper standby and the receptionist is busy for check-ins.

Anyway, we apologize for the inconvenience that happened. We have asked our receptionists to give more clear explanations, handle the surprise more smoothly next time.

Best regards,