All reviews double room common room the main house big kitchen washing machine family room polynesian spa gerard hostel backpackers facilities supermarket hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and instantly knew it would be a great accommodation! My 2 friends and I were taken into the back house and the three of us were in a room together. Going from accommodation to accommodation you do not always get this lucky, but the lady at Funky Green was kind enough to do this for us. We were alone in this mini house our entire stay. The toilets were kept clean and we were able to get great recommendations from the staff. Great place to stay in Rotorua and was a great location to everything as well. My friends and I walked everywhere!

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 30 October 2019

I stayed in a Double room for one night only. Unfortunately. The staff were really lovely & helpful and the hostel itself was really well run, clean and tidy. It was a dream to stay in - I only wish I had a longer stay.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2019

I had a great two nights here. The staff are friendly and helpful, the guests are welcoming and the hostel is really well positioned for the town and supermarkets. I didn't have a problem parking onsite but there is also lots of on street parking.
Kitchen is large and well equipped. I liked that the main house was shoe-free.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 31 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great time here! Staff were super friendly, the owners were funny with plenty of recommendations for everything in Rotorua. The place feels like a big house but spacious dorm rooms. Kitchen and bathrooms were very clean and well kept.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the double en-suite, and it has absolutely no soundproofing. We could hear full conversations of the couple next to us (and they weren’t being loud), so really not much privacy. The room is also quite small.

However, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the common areas are well kept.

Date of stay: May 2019